Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia
The Tiger Hotel(Columbia)
US$177
US$155
  • Restaurant
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Restaurant
US$112
US$106
US$101
All reviewssports barexecutive floorsports zoneindoor and outdoor poolsthe hotel was fully bookedtwo double bedscoffee makerfront desk staffbusiness travelerfitness centerrooms are niceeasy accessfree breakfastconventionpillowsmofacility
Reviewed 30 April 2014

On the second night of our cross-country trip, we decided to stop in Columbia just to visit with my niece in college. While riding shotgun, I booked the room using the IHG link from Trip Advisor. Being a Priority Club member, they already have all my information making it very easy.

We had no problem finding a parking place for the big truck and we found the place to be very busy with various school groups in town for some event. Once checking in, we awaited the arrival of my niece and proceeded to the lounge for a drink. You can’t go wrong with Guinness on-tap.

This Holiday Inn is an older property and is showing its age. The elevators were particularly slow and seemed to groan upon movement. Despite its age, it was maintained well enough and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I live in Columbia so don't typically get the chance to stay in local hotels. But I booked this hotel last weekend for some friends that were visiting. It's probably the biggest hotel in town and typically hosts visiting sports teams and conventions. I was glad to see that they have updated the common areas. The lobby and lounge areas actually looked pretty nice. They have a great gym, much larger than most hotels and the pool is nice. I liked that it was deep which you don't find that often anymore. Something I appreciate since I'm 6'2". The rooms were ok, nothing fancy but what you would expect at a Holiday Inn. I would probably give this hotel an average rating if I only saw the common areas and rooms, but the bathrooms are what caused me to give a poor rating. The bathrooms are terrible and are in serious need of updating. They look like a motel from the 70s or 80s. Take a look at the pictures I'm attaching to my review and I'm sure you'll agree the bathroom is very dated. If they invest in the bathrooms, I think this hotel could be turned around and more competitive. But until they do so, I would suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John S
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear John S., Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We appreciate all the kind acknowledgements about our recently renovated lobby, common areas and fitness center. We would like to apologize you found our bathrooms to be dated, however we are currently in the process of updating. Once again, thank you for your review!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel was way better than it looks on the outside, the staff is really nice, it was really clean, and it seems that they have gone out of their way to make you feel like you are staying in a wonderful hotel. I expected it to be like every other small town hotel. The only thing I can complain about is the room and the price, and both of these were rather small complaints. I should also warn you that I stayed in the Executive Center- they did try and make this area feel different from the rest of the hotel. You had to slid your card to get into this section of the hotel and they had nicer decorations. I don't know if the rooms were different. I paid for the Executive Center because I wanted the free breakfast and nightly drinks.
I was a bit upset about the price. It was more than I thought it should be considering I was in Columbia Missouri but I figure that was because there was a conference going on in the hotel that weekend and I didn't want to have to leave the hotel to attend. I knew I was paying extra just for the convenience.
My room was really nice and it seemed like they took extra steps to make the room nice. Mouthwash and a Keurig coffee machine sorta topped off the room. I was happy in the room. However, there was mold in the room by the window. It wasn't like a bit of mold that was the result of not being washed it was like water had leaked into the room for several months and caused the wall to start to mold away. They had it covered up with the curtain. I would never have noticed had I not dropped by shoe under the curtain. I didn't smell the mold when I was in the room, even after I noticed it was there I just always wonder if that stuff is bad for your lungs. The only other annoying thing was that I could hear the hallway door opening and closing at night when people went into their room. The thing that slowed the door down was squeaking. However, I think they were replacing all these when I was there and I never noticed when I was trying to fall asleep.
The fitness center was great. Lots of equipment and it was very clean. They were re-doing the pool when I was there too. Should be really nice this summer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Joseph E.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will absolutely look into your comment concerning the windows. Your concern is important to us and we know that each one of our guests deserves a clean and comfortable room when traveling away from home.

Thank you again for both your positive and constructive feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We had a little family outing one night after Christmas and decided to stay here. Good choice! Kids loved the pool and the Motel Staff were all so friendly!! The rooms were clean and we will return!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

We are very excited you chose to stay with us on your overnight stay in Columbia. The great review you have given us is such a pleasure to hear. We take pride in our customer service and are very happy you and your family enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This hotel is just I-70 and was a great place to stay. Front desk staff was superb - friendly and efficient. Room was clean and well kept. The convention center exhibit area was good but needed some further upkeep - paint, etc. but overall a nice place to have a tradeshow. Weather was snowy and very cold and the staff took good care of the parking lot and entry way. I had an appetizer in the bar/lounge area and was greeted by friendly staff. Food was OK. Overall a great experience and I would come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Dave S., Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn. We always appreciate feedback, whether positive or negative, so we may improve upon our guest's stay. We're so happy to hear you had a pleasant visit and enjoyed the tradeshow. If you find yourself in the area again, please come back and see us!