Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$87
US$106
US$101
US$146
US$138
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$78
Staybridge Suites Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$103
The Tiger Hotel(Columbia)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewssports barexecutive floorsports zoneindoor and outdoor poolsthe hotel was fully bookedtwo double bedscoffee makerfront desk staffbusiness travelerfitness centerrooms are niceeasy accessfree breakfastconventionpillowsmofacility
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked in to this particular Holiday Inn because it is one of the few in the area with an outdoor pool and an indoor pool for the kids. First let me say that I was sufficiently impressed by the staff here. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful! Kudos for this, Columbia! That being said, although the atrium area of the hotel is beautiful, the property could really use some maintenance and upgrading. Both pools had a great deal of chipped paint; especially bad in the indoor pool. My kids were picking it up. Blak. The inside pool deck was uneven and unsightly and the mock "piller" had a big hole in the bottom of it. The rooms could use a lift as well. Our ceiling needed repair and the beds were a bit sub standard. We are Priority members, but honestly, we more often choose Sheraton or Hampton (Hilton) for their consistent mattresses. We can always count on a good nights sleep! For these reasons I have to give this hotel just an "average" rating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent stay.
I was most concerned to learn of the problems you've encountered from your visit and will certainly make note to review when we evaluate the hotel facilities.
On a positive note, it is wonderful to hear that our staff was friendly and professional and was able to assist you.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Columbia in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We made reservations while on the road through the main Holiday Inn reservation line. We needed a place close to I-70, so in that respect it qualifies and gets one star.

We stayed on a Saturday night, which highlighted some of the challenging logistics of this place. First, when we arrived about 10 p.m., already there was no parking. There is a sports bar located there, and on that night of our arrival there was apparently a big game. The parking lot and hotel was thronged with foul-mouthed, drunk guys in jerseys and their shrill, scantily garbed fan base.

We needed a handicapped spot but couldn’t get one, much less a regular parking slot. The first place we finally found to park was not a legal space and a long way from the lobby. We saw other cars being towed so one of us had to stay in the car while the other hiked/limped a country mile to check in. Finally found a permanent slot to park far away in the back of the hotel where the staff park, but the rowdy drunks roaming in packs through the lot made leaving any car unattended an unnerving prospect. We wondered where security was and never saw any uniformed presence in or around the hotel.

The lobby was similarly thronged with loud drunks who seemed to have free run of the place. They really took 'holiday' literally in this inn. We dreaded the thought of hearing partying, puking neighbors all night long, but it was too late to drive on and every place we called previously was booked.

Room itself was tired and shabby. As prior reviewers noted, the bathroom is truly dated. It was large but had a very low ceiling. The shower was terrible. Low shower head that required crouching for anyone over 5’5 to use, all the shower head settings were painful (a few hard, drilling jets was the best we could get, no gentler broad rain option). The see-thru “crystal plastic” tub knob was full of black mold. There is no bathroom fan vent, so using the shower renders the rooms and mirrors full of steam and humidity that takes a long time to clear.

Towels were thin, scratchy and stained. The in-room fridge had no freezer compartment, which we needed to refreeze our cooler packs. There was a large blood or coffee stain (let's hope it's the latter) on the bed’s dust ruffle, and visible hairs all over the bedspread. From start to finish it, this just wasn’t a clean, safe or nice hotel experience. Think frat house after the team has checked out.

As a final disappointment, we discovered the next morning that regular Holiday Inns don’t offer continental breakfast like the express versions do, so we left tired AND hungry. Lesson learned, research first, and don’t book any place out of late-night desperation. I note that in the TripAdvisor rankings as of today, this place already falls way down on the list, wedged between two Super 8s. Let that be a clue.

Room Tip: Drive on to the next town.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blue_Morpho_Flyer
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Blue_Morpho_Flyer, Thank you for taking the time to leave a thorough review of your stay. We appreciate all feedback, whether positive or negative, so that we may improve upon our service and facilities. Please let us apologize for the unfortunate night you spent and let us assure you that we are in the process of updating our rooms. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a very well maintained facility. Great sports bar and knowledgeable staff that are very professional. No issues at all w/ the rooms that are very clean and well maintained, Located rigt off I-70 easy on / easy off. Excellent breakfast buffet also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your hotel experience. We're happy to hear you had a pleasant experience and enjoyed the convenience of the hotel location. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We just had a huge family celebration and used the Holiday Inn Executive Center as our hotel. The staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating and the facility is amazing. The rooms were large and immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. Much of the hotel is newly remodeled and there were plenty of places our large party could all be together to visit or eat or even gather poolside. We also had a number of really great meals at the hotel restaurant (SportZone). Since I organized our family gathering, I was given a lot of kudos for picking such a great hotel. Whether traveling by 1 or 2 or 20 or more, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Executive Center!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

It's always wonderful to hear when a guest has truly had a memorable stay with us. Thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Upon arrival, it was very quiet there coming off of Memorial Day. The person at reception was very friendly and thanked me for being a member. I appreciated the additional security within the hallways requiring a room key to access the hallway of the rooms.
The room was very clean and well appointed with a nice new tiled shower.

I had arranged for a predetermined delivery time of breakfast the next morning and here was the outcome:
1) the food was 35 minutes late really throwing my day off schedule
2) the order was wrong
3) there were no condiments for the food
4) there were no condiments for the coffee
5) there was NO silverware! after catching the guy, I got an apology and promise of prompt return
6) Never saw the silverware put all the food out into the hallway and called the front desk and was promised a phone call by the manager

I checked out an hour later and I had expressed that I was not important enough to call, that maybe after my review, that it might finally warrant a call so I can understand their service, practices and customer appreciation. I did not feel valued here and after staying in 4 hotels in 4 different cities in the last 9 days I guess I was least impressed here.

I may opt for Hampton Inn next time, as I have stayed there before and was very happy. This was an opportunity to check out somewhere else and I'm sorry I lost my time here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear EWBrown, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please let us apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered during your stay. We appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative, to ensure we provide the best level of service possible. Once again, we apologize for the mundane experience and appreciate your review and the opportunity to personally apologize.
Thank you and safe travels!