“Excellent value.”

Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent value.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Large room, comfortable bed. Clean bathroom with good water pressure and good drainage. Good location that was easy in and out. Low price. Check in was fast. All the rooms were sold for the night I was there and I would imagine it's because of the value the hotel presents.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Troy, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed one night, it was reasonably clean. The really good thing about this place is that it is next door to a grocery store. The location was convenient enough as well, so I gave it an extra star because of the convenience of getting better and cheaper food than fast food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have traveled from California to all across the U.S. for the past 15 years. I usually stay at Motel 6 because of the cost. This time I was more than presently surprised. It surpassed my expectations by a huge margin. It appeared to be freshly painted all the linens looked new, the bathroom was very clean and stocked. Everything worked. When I had questions the staff was very friendly and even offered to carry my bags since I'm handicapped and the handle on my suitcase broke.

They had a vending machine that had hygiene items as well as snacks. The indoor pool was a pleasant surprise and very clean. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It may be possible to stay in a place that is dirtier than his motel 6 but I can't imagine where it could be. The staff was unfriendly and rude and the room number we were assigned didn't even exist! They regularly didn't clean the room or take out the trash and were slow and hostile when asked to do so. Stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Reviewer1012
Vince G, Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - East, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hi Reviewer1012,

I apologize for your experience at my Motel 6. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Please don't hesitate to message us to provide you with a resolution to your previous stay.

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were a little nervous about getting one of the last rooms in town on graduation weekend, but couldn't have been more pleased. The room was clean and comfortable . It was an easy 10 minute drive to Boone Hospital for us to visit a sick relative. They even had the coffee ready early enough so we could have a cup and still get there before they took him back for surgery. Apparently, a big remodel is in the works so it should be even nicer next time. Thanks Motel 6 for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Warren, Vermont
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I don't like leaving bad reviews but this place didn't give me any reason not to.

Stayed with my dog and my husband--I suppose I accidentally made the online reservation for one adult instead of two, because as soon as the man at the front desk realized my husband was with me, he said I owed him more money for the "additional person." Of course I paid the fee, but that seemed really ridiculous...

The halls and room smelled like smoke despite it being a non-smoking room. It was very hot when we got to the room, so we turned on the AC... only to find it wasn't working. It only blew out "room temp" air, but didn't cool at all. We stayed two nights without the AC working.

The toilet backed up twice with urine and feces. The second time some of it spilled onto the bathroom floor.

Lastly, the day we checked out, housekeeping came by at 9:30am and asked if we were checking out. I told them yes, in about an hour. Fifteen minutes later the same housekeeper knocked again and asked "are you leaving yet?" It was only 9:45! Checkout isn't until 11! She stood in the hallway and glared at us while we packed all of our stuff out of the hotel. When we were finally done around 10:30 I told her "we're leaving now" and she rolled her eyes at me.

I would NEVER stay here again, will NEVER stay at a Motel 6 again, and would NEVER recommend this place. Yuck.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joelle147
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My son, who had surgery and is in dual casts, and I checked in at 2AM and went straight to bed. Halls REEKED of smoke! My coat was stolen from my room while I slept. Management wasn't on site and when I've called the mgr is quaintly not there supposedly. No customer service, no nothing just pisspoor excuses and run around.

• Stayed April 2014