“Great Hotel - Professional Service”

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was especially clean and well stocked. Great water pressure. Beds were comfortable...Good selection on Television. Breakfast was good and the breakfast hostess was very friendly and helpful to everyone. Front desk staff was terrific and efficient. Wi-fi worked flawlessly. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room with sofabed/couch. Also microwave/refridgerator....these make the room extra comfortabl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fltam

Reviewed 15 September 2012

i wouldn't waste my money on this hotel. it was no better than a super 8. stay at a cheaper place and use the savings to buy something for yourself! really, the front desk people ended up being extremely rude. i had stayed at the hotel for two nights and needed to stay for three. on the morning of the third night they told me they didn't have any room for me. i learned that they had had four rooms available but gave them to others -- and this is after i already stayed and paid for two nights. i will never stay at this hampton inn again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Patrick P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Victoria C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay. Please accept my apologies that we did not have the availability to extend your stay an additional night to your initial reservation for two nights. With a home football game at the Universtiy of Missouri, we had been sold out for almost a year. We did have a few last minute cancellations however we had more guests in house that wished to stay then we had rooms come available.

Please feel free to contact me directly so we can make things right. Thank you once again for your comments.

Patrick Presnal
presnal@raymondteam.com
573-886-9392

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Always nice, always clean, breakfast is good and fresh. I always enjoy Hampton Inn mattresses and bedding - sounds strange, but they have great sheets, quality mattresses and heavenly down comforters. Never had a bad experience in one!

Room Tip: We try to stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelBay1
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Really nice guy checked me in at night and asked if I had a room preference. I looked confused, no one had asked me that before and he said, "I will put you away from the highway, it is quieter." I thought that was so sweet! The hotel was clean, inexpensive and right off the highway. Great place to stop on the way.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank behindeverycloud
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Very good business mans hotel, Staff is thorough but not happy. Sounds weird but I like a little bit of cheerful after working on the road. Breakfast is good and the coffee is wonderful. I had a King bed in my room and I woke up hurting both night I stayed there. I think this mattress was worn out.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st or 2nd floor and you won't have to fight the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This experience happened 10 years ago, but it has made me a loyal Hampton Inn patron. I stayed at this Hampton Inn on Thanksgiving night and was only 100 miles away from my destination so I planned to stay in the room until checkout time and watch television. A nasty storm moved in and the cable went out and stayed out so I decided to check out. When the desk clerk asked how my stay was I decided to level with him and told him of my disappointment with not being able to stick around a couple of hours and watch television. He apologized and asked if I would like a full refund. Knowing that the weather was totally out of the hotel's control I couldn't believe such a generous offer (although I had seen ads that said a pleasant stay was guaranteed). I said "yes" and he proceeded to ring the bill up at no charge. I was so impressed that I wrote the manager a note describing the incident and, get this, the manager wrote back thanking me for my stay and my communication with him. He said he had shared my note with the front desk staff and explained that what I encountered is one of the reasons Hampton Inn had their pleasant stay guarantee. The whole thing sold me on Hampton Inns and I stay there whenever that is a viable option. I've always found the rooms to be clean, quiet, comfortable, and stocked with an abundant supply of hot water. That's all I'm looking for in a hotel room and they provide it. Why look elsewhere? The free breakfast is just frosting on the cake.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The rooms were clean, just fine. A typical Hampton Inn.
However, the person at the front desk was a little bit rude. I had been traveling a long ways and been using a file with my information for payment. Every other hampton had let me use that file, however the particular desk man told me "Every Hampton is different" and forced me to put a card on hold.
The location is also very awkward; the whole area is built on a sloping hill, making entry and exit of the hotel and area very difficult. If I were you, I would stay at the other Hampton near the university. The pro of this one however is if you're on a road trip and staying just a night, it's right off the highway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MarkHolden1975
Patrick P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

MarkHolden1975,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our property. While I am glad to hear you found your room clean, it is dissapointing that you did not get the service from our front desk teammate that you expect and desrve. Please accept my apologies as it is unacceptable to me that any our guests leave us feeling the way you did.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss your issue at my contact information below. We accept cash at check in or a valid credit card presented to the front desk at check in for payment of rooms. I am not sure what you mean by having a file with your information as a form of payment so I would like the opportunity to discuss that with you.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,