“Solidly good, clean, safe hotel.”

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Kansas City
“Solidly good, clean, safe hotel.”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Very satisfied. Very friendly staff, comfortable rooms. On the downside, it's a little pricier in its class. Also, I prefer to stay closer to downtown, and at least on the north side of I-70. While it wasn't a far drive to the center of town, it was on the south side of I-70, which made it a little trickier driving.

One big endorsement for how quiet it was: there were two teams of children staying at the same time, and I heard nothing. (Also, the desk staff was conscious of the kids, and made sure that I was situated with that in mind.)

I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone visiting Columbia.

Room Tip: I was in Room 400 - on the end. Very quiet and clean.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 24 February 2013

These people are always friendly and helpful. The woman who handles the breakfast is especially nice and friendly. The location os excellent, especially if you want to go to Centralia, Hallsville, Sturgeon or Moberly. There are lots of restaurants nearby and you are close to most of Columbia.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room and you can park your car in the back parking lot and then enter and exit w...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Pilot Grove
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I went with some girlfriends and our kids for an overnight trip. The staff was very helpful and the kids had a great time in the pool and hot tub. They gave us an adjoining room and the kids loved it. There were not any other guests in the pool area so we didn't bother anyone while we were there!! The breakfast was good. I think they would be better off with just simple scrambled eggs. They instead offered omlet like eggs with velvetta in them. I would still go back anytime to this hotel if I need to.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed at his hotel as my daughter had an interview at Mizzou. Hotel was nice, but we had to change rooms as it became apparent that the bathroom in our first room had not been cleaned. There was dried urine (yuck!) on the upper surface of the toilet bowl. Upon seeing this, we called the front desk, who apologized and offered to move us to another room - which we did.
Other than this, the hotel is nice - 10 minutes by car from the Mizzou campus. There are a number of fast food establishments within walking distance of the hotel and although the hotel is very close to the I70 Freway, I could hear no noise from my room. Breakfast was good, with a variety of offerings that ranged from yogurt to pastries and fruits.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie H, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you selected our hotel during your stay here in Columbia, and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. I would love to talk to you about these issues and find a way to solve the problems you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Again, thank you for taking time to review, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Stephanie Hall
Assistant General Manager
hall@raymondteam.com
573-886-9392
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Stayed here on the way from Georgia to Colorado - fast check-in ( I didn't have reservations ), very helpful staff, great rooms, comfortable beds, a better-than-average- breakfast that is included. I based my stay here on the reviews from TripAdvisor...they were helpful and accurate; the place is great.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend get-together with some college friends! From the moment we walked in, I was impressed. The lobby was clean, had lots of tables to use for games, etc. They had tea and coffee available. The staff was very helpful and quick with the check-in process. When we got to our room, it was perfectly clean, had plenty of space and the bathroom was clean as well. Very nice quality, bed was comfortable. Only complaint is that the doors do not block out sound well. It wasn't a busy weekend, so it wasn't too much of an issue, but as we were trying to fall asleep, you could hear whisper conversations in the hallway. We ate the complimentary breakfast and it was yummy! Everything was in stock and super tasty!

Room Tip: Their elevators are in the middle of the building, so you can request to be at the ends of the hallw...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

As we arrived for our stay, it was midnight. At that point of the day you need to use the entry phone to call the desk person to let you in. This was all very smooth and the person that greeted me on the inside was extremely kind and welcoming. Exactly what you hope for at a hotel front desk.

Though my mom had booked our room with her info and credit card, there is a policy that they must physically view the card before use of it. Not totally convenient, but still the kind lady at the desk was pleasant to work with. She made it easy for us to change cards, and still gave us a promotional value we were hoping for.

Hampton Inn continues to stack wins in cleanliness, comfort, and good breakfast the next morning. The only other odd thing about our stay and was likely beyond their control was the cable TV service on every channel kept cutting out for about 5 seconds every 5 minutes or so. First world problems right? Anyways. Kudos to this Hampton Inn staff for continuing the expected great stay & service.

• Stayed December 2012