“Don't bother staying there”

Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were meeting friends there. I specifically reserved a non-smoking room, and the room they gave us reeked of smoke. I went down to the office and told them I wanted anther room because I'm allergic to smoke. They gave me another room, but made the excuse that it must have been the last person who stayed in the room who smoked in there(believe me, the room smelled so bad, that it couldn't have been just one previous guest). When we went to the next room, it was clean on the surface, but I found dirt and dust in all corners of the room and bathroom. Our friend's room was just as bad. We both made complaints to the front desk when we checked out, and were told that the place had just changed owners, and they were short staffed. This place has much deeper problems than the excuses we offered. I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 April 2013

...but they gave me one anyway. I got into St. Louis a little early 2:00 and they said my room wasn't ready, so I went next door to Hooters (very convenient) to get a bite to eat and watch the start of the last round of the Masters. Came back at 3 and checked into my room and it reeked of smoke. I should have gone back to the office and told them that I didn't want smoking room (booked it thru Hotwire and they don't ask). But I thought "aww", they just went out of their way to clean my room and I could put up with the smoke smell for a couple of nights. So the odor was a bit offensive, but it wasn't until I went into the bathroom later that night to take a shower that I noticed the smoke/nicotine stains on the bathroom door. Unless you're looking for something like this, you may not notice it. But once I saw it on the door, then I noticed these dripping stains all over the door frame and even some around the fixtures and the ceiling in the shower. It made me realize that they hardly ever give this room a good cleaning. The staff was nice, but the room was not. Even a smoking room should not have stains all over the trim and the bathroom ceiling. Due to that, I cannot give this room a rating of more than 2. Next time I'll take a photo.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Second time staying at a Red Roof Inn and this hotel was much better than the first one. Management was very nice and the rooms were equally as nice. Beds were comfortable and there was very little noise coming from outside despite being next to the interstate. Only a couple problems in my eyes. First there was no microwave of mini-fridge and secondly we had asked that housekeeping not enter our room while we out during our stay. We had to ask because we had no do not disturb sign in the room. We came back to only one of the beds being semi-made and the room having been somewhat cleaned. Was odd to have one bed made and the other as we had left it. All in all a decent hotel that is conveniently located.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Hal S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I will mention your comments to my housekeeping staff. We're looking forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for staying with Red Roof Inns.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We arrived late at night after traveling all day for my husband's surgery early the next morning. Front desk must have been new, wasn't very informed of room locations, just said upstairs on 3rd floor. Had to drive around to locate room and then find the elevator. Room was a welcome site. Bed turned down and room nice and toasty as there was still snow on the ground outside. Very clean and quiet. Housekeeping staff was very good. Bed was as comfortable as it looked. Reasonable price. Restaurants close by and near main thoroughfares. Would have liked to seen more lighting especially in breezeway by elevator and on bottom floor going around the building to get to the ice machine up by the lobby. All in all it was good. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Hal S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

My Mom and Dad came into town for the night because they had to go to my Dad's doctor in the morning. My Mom refuses to leave her dog at home because she is getting older, and I have stayed at Red Roof in the past due to their pet policy, so I called them. They were extremely nice and emailed me everything I needed to allow my parents to use my credit card. My parents told me the stay was absolutely perfect. Everyone was very nice and the room even had a mini fridge, so they were pleasantly surprised. The price was amazing as well, especially considering they had my mom's dog. We will definitely not only stay, but also recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here. Thank you for the kind words. We certainly appreciate your business. We look forward to your return stay with Red Roof Inns.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here for one night this March, and we were pleasantly surprised. The service was friendly, fast and easy. The room was very modern, clean and we slept well. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome. It is awesome that you are going to recommend our hotel. We will look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and during check in the young gentleman (I forgot his name) was so helpful and gave us some local entertainment ideas. He was also very helpful on the second night when we had a weird request. I would definately stay here again if we were ever in the area. I wish I remember the guys name because he deserves a raise!

• Stayed: March 2013
Hal S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I have passed on your comments to the desk clerk that took care of you. Feedback from our guests is always welcome. We look forward to your next stay with Red Roof Inn. Thank you for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#10 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
The Hill
Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!