“You get what you pay for”

Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Boston
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

this is not a bad hotel for the money, which is why I give it 3 stars. We paid $50 for a decent hotel room. My wife thought it could have been cleaner, but I didn't really notice. The beds were fine, the location is OK, though the problem with the Red Roofs seems to be the smokers that stay there like to hang out on the walkway/porch and give it a seedy feel. There were a few questionable looking folks around, but for $50 bucks a night, you are going to have that element there. We didn't have any trouble when we were there.
There is no breakfast here, though I am not a big breakfast guy anyway. There is a QT station right next door you can get stuff at. They serve coffee and tea in the lobby anytime.
For the money, not a bad place, but definitely a step down from a Comfort Inn/La Quinta type place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vtjbrent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 23 May 2013

During our overnight trip to St. Louis with our 4 kids (8 years, 6 years, 16 months and 6 months ) along with our dog, we had the best experience at this hotel. Jessica was very accommodating to our needs as a very large family. She provided very friendly service and was very kind to our kids as she was dropping off a pack n' play for our youngest. I will definitely stay there from now on. Jessica was truly amazing!

• Stayed May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was lured by the billboard advertising $39.99. The front desk informed me those rooms aren't available until after the summer (has summer already started?). Place was a ghetto. Dirty, AC didn't work....it was terrible....

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WarEglTX

Travellers are raving about these Creve Coeur hotels

Jenison, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were meeting friends there. I specifically reserved a non-smoking room, and the room they gave us reeked of smoke. I went down to the office and told them I wanted anther room because I'm allergic to smoke. They gave me another room, but made the excuse that it must have been the last person who stayed in the room who smoked in there(believe me, the room smelled so bad, that it couldn't have been just one previous guest). When we went to the next room, it was clean on the surface, but I found dirt and dust in all corners of the room and bathroom. Our friend's room was just as bad. We both made complaints to the front desk when we checked out, and were told that the place had just changed owners, and they were short staffed. This place has much deeper problems than the excuses we offered. I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 April 2013

...but they gave me one anyway. I got into St. Louis a little early 2:00 and they said my room wasn't ready, so I went next door to Hooters (very convenient) to get a bite to eat and watch the start of the last round of the Masters. Came back at 3 and checked into my room and it reeked of smoke. I should have gone back to the office and told them that I didn't want smoking room (booked it thru Hotwire and they don't ask). But I thought "aww", they just went out of their way to clean my room and I could put up with the smoke smell for a couple of nights. So the odor was a bit offensive, but it wasn't until I went into the bathroom later that night to take a shower that I noticed the smoke/nicotine stains on the bathroom door. Unless you're looking for something like this, you may not notice it. But once I saw it on the door, then I noticed these dripping stains all over the door frame and even some around the fixtures and the ceiling in the shower. It made me realize that they hardly ever give this room a good cleaning. The staff was nice, but the room was not. Even a smoking room should not have stains all over the trim and the bathroom ceiling. Due to that, I cannot give this room a rating of more than 2. Next time I'll take a photo.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Second time staying at a Red Roof Inn and this hotel was much better than the first one. Management was very nice and the rooms were equally as nice. Beds were comfortable and there was very little noise coming from outside despite being next to the interstate. Only a couple problems in my eyes. First there was no microwave of mini-fridge and secondly we had asked that housekeeping not enter our room while we out during our stay. We had to ask because we had no do not disturb sign in the room. We came back to only one of the beds being semi-made and the room having been somewhat cleaned. Was odd to have one bed made and the other as we had left it. All in all a decent hotel that is conveniently located.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hal S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I will mention your comments to my housekeeping staff. We're looking forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for staying with Red Roof Inns.
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We arrived late at night after traveling all day for my husband's surgery early the next morning. Front desk must have been new, wasn't very informed of room locations, just said upstairs on 3rd floor. Had to drive around to locate room and then find the elevator. Room was a welcome site. Bed turned down and room nice and toasty as there was still snow on the ground outside. Very clean and quiet. Housekeeping staff was very good. Bed was as comfortable as it looked. Reasonable price. Restaurants close by and near main thoroughfares. Would have liked to seen more lighting especially in breezeway by elevator and on bottom floor going around the building to get to the ice machine up by the lobby. All in all it was good. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Hal S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#4 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!