“Lunch date”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Lunch date”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Great food! Variety of selections. Spicy gumbo soup, delicious!
Great service! Nice cozy atmosphere.
I will be back and try the Sunday brunch.

Los Angeles, California, Usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good eats.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

On final day of visit to my family in Sullivan, stayed in Westport Plaza. Had a yearning for Fish n Chips. Looked up restaurants that had what I wanted and found Gulf Shores. Chose the 3 different fish and chips dinner and a salad. the fish was great, but I think I over did the meal with the salad. I enjoyed the fish each was a large piece, and the fries but as I said the salad I had before was a bit much. Next time I will have the two piece and a salad. But it was very good.

• Visited September 2013
StL,MO
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service - use Call-Ahead Seating”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This is not a large place. My party of five included an elderly couple. I called ahead (max 45 min) to ensure they didn't have to wait to be seated. We enjoyed everything!!!

Writing this with the android app. No room on screen to say more
RCH Sr
-A-

East Hampton, New York
“If you like grease then this is the place for you !”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I came here after attending a movie because it was conveniently located a few blocks from the theater. It was 9 pm and the restaurant would be open for another hour. There were only a few other tables occupied and yet we sat searching for our waitperson for ten minutes. After asking two employees if they were our servers someone finally came to take our order. We ordered cocktails and all of a sudden our server was pushing us to order. We asked him to wait before putting in our food order so we could enjoy our drinks and yet we received our gumbo a minute after our drinks came. Although the soup was tasty, the prospect of sipping a martini while simultaneously sipping hot soup held no appeal. I glanced around and was sorry I did. There was a grungy look to everything. I understand they were attempting to capture the atmosphere of a Cajun restaurant in New Orleans but that didn't equate with dirty. There was food remnants on the floors and the tables and chairs looked grimy. Maybe it was just the particles of grease that floated everywhere from the vats they had to be cooking in. The smell of grease was nauseating. I ordered fish and chips as they bragged about having" hand cut" fish and upgraded from cod to talapia hoping for a better grade fish. It was a mistake since the talapia is a thinner fish than cod it meant there was more greasy batter on the fish. I tried to remove some of the batter but this proved impossible. I am not condemning all fried food but there is a difference between food fried with a deft hand in oil that is not reused forever and that has been lightly breaded and this unappetizing pile of grease. Even a Big Mac would have seemed healthier than what I was looking at. When the server asked how our meal was he simply had to look at my plate still full of food to have the answer.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Georgica14
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I love this place and the owner, Harry, and the rest of the staff are gracious and helpful.
We used to reserve Gulf Shores just for special family events, but my sister and I now go there just to catch up on our lives.

• Visited August 2013