“Home away from Home at Homestead”

Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Home away from Home at Homestead”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The staff was friendly and the rooms were large and Very clean. Me and my wife fell in love with the floor to ceiling closet mirrors right by the bed. ;-)

Room Tip: 4th floor even# rooms has the Best view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead St. Louis - Westport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2012

perfect location for west county---in Westport-----convenient to highway and shopping, restaurants----wonderful place if you are not looking for a glamorous facility----it is a 2 star and perfectly rated-----interior corridors-----workout facility----kitchen, which I love for meals, snacks, etc.-------free wi-fi---staff was great---especially a desk clerk---I believe her name was Stephanie-----seemed to care a great deal about all guests-----

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank harvey L
Discovery Bay California
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I stayed at this location for over a month, and even returned two additional nights,, great value, pet friendly, awesome staff, friendly and helpful, great for the extened staff,, no utility bills, cable, housekeeping done, fresh linens, laundry on premise,, I loved it, and so did my two little dogs,, in fact the staff when I was leaving them for the day, would walk the dogs for me,, if the rating of ten was on the scale I would give a ten,, and will definitely stay there again should I ever return to St Louis,, and highly recommend to anyone reading the review,,, and the price is unheard of,, one must look at the price before they become critical,, as it is a tremendous value for a very small price compared to other hotels in the area.... may not be fancy, but fancy doe not necessarily mean great service

Room Tip: If you have pets this is the ideal choice
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Smalltown, USA
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here at the same time in 2010 and reserved the big two bedroom suite room that had a full kitchen, washer and dryer, etc. That room was wonderful, clean and great. I reserved the same room for this year, 2011, months in advance. When I called the hotel two weeks before our expected arrival date, I was told that the room I had reserved was no longer available as they had allowed someone already staying in the room to re-book for another month, so my room was no longer available. After talking to the manager, she gave us two rooms for the price of the one room I had booked. I thought that would be sufficient, but it really wasn't. The two rooms we got were really gross - one smelled so funky we couldn't even determine the smell, it was just bad. The kitchen didn't have an oven, only a range top, and minimal utensils and plates, not even enough to go around for everyone we had in our party. One of the bathrooms in the rooms had a sticky floor and looked like it hadn't been cleaned and overall the rooms just seemed gross. The beds were not comfortable and my neck still hurts from sleeping there for one night. Next year, we are booking the Sheraton and paying the higher price, but at least knowing our rooms won't be nasty, and we will get the reservation we make instead of it being given away to someone else.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed here this past weekend and was extremely disappointed. I checked in late Thursday night and was exhausted; I didn't fully inspect the room the way I normally do when I check into a hotel. I just wanted to rest. When I pulled back the covers to go to bed, I noticed the sheets were thin and dingy. These sheets were a 70 thread count at best. There was also hair in the bed. I called to the front desk to request a blanket. I wrapped up in the blanket which was clean and hairless so that I could sleep on top of the covers. The next morning I saw just how filthy the room was. I had to place a towel over the pillow because again the 70 thread count and the pillowcase wasn't that clean.

The bathroom sink was dirty, one of the bath towels had long strands of hair folded up inside. The hallway was foul, the carpet was old and dirty. I was utterly disgusted. I'm used to much nicer hotels and this one did not measure up at all.

Room Tip: Stay at this hotel at your own risk.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelsinStyle247
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Wow! what a nice lobby! But it ends there. Opened room door and knew I had been fooled immediately. Opened fridge and there was a subway sandwitch shop soda cup in there - still had ice in it. Went to set my bag on the chair and was shocked to notice a stain right there on the chair plain as day of a nature I will not describe here in detail. The carpet and even thge countertop were stained and the bathroom fixtures dirty. In the morning I grabbed a towel after my shower and as I brought it to my face to dry off I was overwhelmed by the smell of vomit. By the way bring your own soap and shampoo. Parking was also a hassle. Cheap though, I think I paid 26$ a night via priceline - just know you get what you pay for here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank moody5493
Missouri
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The good--It was only $70.

The bad--It should have been $29.99.

The ugly--The room was VERY dated, spiderwebs with spiders in every corner, a tremendous amount of mold on the shower curtain, gross carpet and bedspreads from the 1980s. Also the website said the room had basic toiletries, hair dryer, and ironing board. It had none of these. The frig worked, but was turned down to the lowest setting when qwe got there and was barely chilled. They are painting the exterior so all the windows have plastic on them so you could not see out and they started scraping before 8AM so there was not any sleeping in for anyone on that side of the building. They need to forgo the exterior work and update the sorry rooms.

The good again--the front desk clerk was "Shocked" that our room (133) lacked the promised amenities and brought them to us quickly. The only thing in the room more modern than the 80s was the flat screen TV.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank christymfowler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#4 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central? Share your experiences!