Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We had a great weekend here over the 4th of July holiday. This hotel has recently converted from the Homestead into the ExtendedStay family, however gradual changes have been made and some finer attention to detail could be done. Overall the layout of the room was great. The A/C in the room was a little loud but I couldn't complain because at least we had A/C. With that said the hallway was like an oven walking out into it. Breakfast is a grab n go type of thing, so if you are a family looking for a buffet feast then this isn't the place for you. The overall facilities was in good condition, but may need a little bit of assistance in the housekeeping department as some things "haven't been cleaned" in some time. Overall, I was very pleased and customer service is top notch!! KUDOS to the whole front desk team, they make you feel welcome and greet you and wish you well when leaving. I would stay here again upon another trip to the St. Louis area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that housekeeping wasn't up to par. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are striving to improve in this area. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at wsp@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

The bathroom was cleaned as best as it could be, but there was mold in the grout around the tub and old, dated, rusted fixtures. The kitchen area was clean and useful, but also very dated and old and well used. The bed was the best part, very comfortable, clean and nice.
The TV was a new flat screen, and while limited channels, it did the job.
The room had a nice large closet and a good sized dresser, which is helpful for a longer stay. There was an old, ratted living-room style chair with an ottoman that was old, stained and ratted/torn in some places. Carpet and tile in the room was clean.
The hallway carpets were very worn and stained EVERYWHERE, scuff marks along the walls and pretty gross. I think the staff did the best they could to keep it clean, but unless you paint and re-carpet and invest money into renovations, there's not much you can do with that.
The Thermostat on the wall did not work, and it took me awhile to figure out that was not functional but I had to use the actual AC unit under the window to turn it on.
The wifi was horrible, unless you "upgraded" to a faster speed for an addition $3, $5 or $10 PER DAY based on the speed you wanted. When a hotel advertises free wifi, I expect it to BE FREE and WORK WELL without having to pay more. Annoying.
The "grab and go" breakfast was ok and did the job. Small packaged Spunkemeyer muffins (banana and chocolate), Quaker Oats "Oatmeal to go" bars (cinnamon, apple), packaged instant oatmeal (3 kinds) with hot water cups and spoons to make it up, oranges and apples, and then 3 different kinds of coffee and crappy tea.
Overall, it did the job for a quick, cheap stay, but I would highly suggest a bathroom renovation to Extended Stay. I wouldn't stay again just because I prefer something nicer... and I've had much nicer for the price I paid.

Room Tip: The room and hotel in general was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I got this hotel on hotwire hidden deals for 30$ a night. I was there 26 days. The room was ok; cleanness was passable but not perfect. The kitchenette was useful, but the burners needed maintenance. There was a limited number of utensils/dishes/pots/pans. The breakfast was very average. Internet was working well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

The lady at the front desk was named Cindy. She was very pleasant and very helpful. She made a big difference upon arrival. The room was clean and neat. My wife and family stayed in the double queen smoking suite for three nights and it wasn't smokey smelling at any point of our visit.The only problem was there wasn't enough utensils and plates. Over all we had a nice stay.

Room Tip: great if you visiting 6 flags or the zoo
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I decided to stay here after selling my home and it was very nice. My room was handicapped equipment and clean. The front desk offered to remove anything I didn't think I needed to move aroound since I have a mobility device. The bathroom was clean as well as the shower. I truly feel comfortable and safe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, 14 March 2013

Chesterfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I have recently stayed here because my girlfriend and i wanted a hotel with a kitchen in it due to it being valentines day and she wanted to cook. When we got into the room we had mixed emotions. The kitchen was ok and a suprise to say the least. The room was what you would expect for the price. We noticed on the lamp next to the T.V. that the wire to plug it up was completly exposed (fire hazard don't you think). It was nice to see that they have upgraded to flat screens. The bathroom however, was very dissappointing. There was mold on the tub surround and was in desperate need of re-caulking. The tub itself was no where near white. It looked as if a coal miner soaked in it. The exhaust vent was full of lint, dust, dirt and debris. By logic, this means its not doing its intended purpose which is the cause of the mold. There were stains on the ceiling and door also. Its great they had free wi-fi and the front desk staff was very pleasant. I would not recommend this hotel to any friends or family for the lack of attention to maintenance and housekeeping.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the level of cleanliness in your suite. Please know that we do have strict quality control standards, and that we inspect each room prior to making it available to our guests. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with our hotel manager and staff in order to investigate your case in more detail.

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I have stayed here many times and as far as I am concerned, the rooms are hit and miss, but mostly good here. Occasionally I will get a room with a gross chair or sticky carpet, but the rooms always appear clean. Sometimes they seem a little rundown. torn carpet, and scuffs here and there, but overall not too bad.

I like that there is a kitchen stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and a full refrigerator in every room (that I have been in). Sometimes they are missing some plates or pots and pans, but if you need them, they will work tirelessly until they have found some. I honestly usually just eat out so I can't really say how often I have noticed this.

There are plenty of places to eat nearby of different price ranges, but nothing to walk to. There is always plenty of parking as well.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, most of the rooms are the same with the exception of the handicapped rooms whi...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you like the kitchens in the rooms and even if there are some items that are occasionally missing, I am happy to hear that the staff worked tirelessly to get the issue corrected. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#5 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central? Share your experiences!