“Totally Fine! Are these reviews about the same hotel?”

Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Please note that there is another Extended Stay America (ESA) right down the road. I almost think some of these reviews were mistakenly written about that one, not the one at 12161 Lackland. I have stayed in that one, and I would not again!

I had a meeting with family the next morning so I decided to drive down the night before. I was going to arrive late, so I didn't really care where I stayed, so I booked on Hotwire and got a pretty cheap rate, less than $50. I am familiar with ESA...they are meant for longer stays with less amenities and service. At first I thought I booked the other ESA, but was pleased to find it was this one. I arrived at 10:55pm. The front desk technically "closes" at 11pm and the front door locks. My one issue is that the front door was already locked and the front desk closed down, so I had to wait a few minutes for Georgina to arrive. You have to remember that this is limited service, and the third shifters are often doing other things, like laundry, during third shift. It was a little unnerving after having driven 3 hours, but it wasn't a big deal. Georgina was apologetic and kind and moved quickly to get us checked into room 309.

I was actually surprised at how nice the lobby areas were. The elevator was fine, and as we headed to our room, I did notice some stains on the carpet which looked fairly new....just bad luck I suppose, but there are lots of products and devices which should fade those. Otherwise, the halls seemed quite decent. The atmosphere was actually pleasant and I felt safe, and the halls were quiet.

In the room, it wasn't modern and the fridge, electric cook top and microwave were all dated, but again, look at the rates you pay. You shouldn't expect luxury and stainless steel. The room wasn't huge but it was fine. Dining table for 2, queen size bed, flat screen TV and a very basic bathroom. There were two bars of soap and that's it, but there is a sign saying you can request shampoo/conditioner at the front desk. Again, most people travel with their own and it saves money for a cheaper rate. I expected that. There was some wear in the room...nicks on furniture, low quality bedding, cheap curtains, worn carpet, low quality pillows (they did at least have both down and poly). Again, exactly what I would expect for this type of property. It did not feel dirty though. The shower was stained but worked well, same with the toilet, I had plenty of hot water and the AC worked just fine and the room was quiet. I also slept pretty well on the mattress. I could not have asked for more.

Georgina allowed me a noon check out instead of 11am. I got dressed and had a cup of coffee from downstairs - pretty good, even though they only had Coffeemate and not half and half. I threw one of the granola bars in my purse for the rest of my trip. Cindy at the front desk was super happy and friendly.

Again, I'm not sure where all the negative reviews came from, but my experience was just fine, and I would totally stay here again for times when I don't want to spend much money. That leave more budget for all the great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Naomi S

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Drove by to check out the hotel for a possible extended stay. The front desk staff was rude and mouthy. Didn't feel like they cared about their job or the potential guest. The units only have queen size beds. The units are dated. Just didn't care for the feel of this place. Chose to leave and not check in. The lady (being nice) at the front desk had the reddest eyes I've seen since high school. Get my drift. She was so out of it she couldn't answer basic questions. She was on her planet so to speak. No way I'm staying here. The hotel when entering had a small to it.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sowenjoy
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here for one quick night in March, I did a Hotwire secret rate deal since we were not going to be in the room much and got a really cheap rate. I stumbled across reviews for a different Extended Stay America on the same road that I thought was the one I had booked and the reviews were awful so I felt really nervous about it. But as soon as I walked in the door my worries were gone. The front desk workers were incredibly nice and even upgraded us to a King room, The room was spacious and clean and the bed was pretty comfortable. The shower was good too for being a hotel shower... you never know with those!

We were kind of in and out so didn't really try any other amenities but there is a full fridge and stove, big closet, and dishes all included so if we were staying longer I am sure it would been fine too. The location is pretty decent too, not far from some restaurants and just right off the highway. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and your comfortable bed. As well, I'm glad that you found our staff to be pleasant during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your comments. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel provided a large, clean room with a comfortable bed & a decent TV. The check-in staff (Cindy) was genuinely friendly. Also, there was plenty of room to park my large 16-foot rental truck, thank goodness! This is a superb value!

• Stayed: January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our hotel and the service we provided. It's great to hear that we were able to meet, and even exceed your expectations during your stay.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is the cheapest hotel in St Louis (that is if you book it on hotwire "secret hotels for 33$" so you get exactly what you pay for. It is definitely an older hotel with a lot of wear and tear. This is not for someone who is used to nice hotels. It was not as bad as I expected considering the reviews. The staff was VERY nice an accommodating.

But yes this is really in disrepair. It is sad because with a little work it would be a nice place. Bed spread was white with stains, water stains on ceiling. furniture was not in good condition. Rust on fridge and door jams that easily could have been quickly repaired with a paint job.

But sheets were clean and room was warm on a very cold night. Bed was as comfortable as any other hotel. But then I brought my own comforter. The shower had excellent water pressure and was overall clean. If you are in need of a cheep place it will work if you can not afford better but if you can afford better you will hate it here.. Kitchen was nice and it was actually the cleanest/bet maintained part of the room. It was very clean.

We were staying in St Louis a month and admittedly only stayed at this place one night. We can afford a better place and there are many around. I would stay away from this brand in St Louis. Candlewood is not that far from this hotel and is much better, but also more expensive, so you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: some rooms are much better than others ask to see the room first. They were very accommodating with...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Awful, dirty. They gave someone else our room key who walked in on us at 1:30 a.m. In the morning. No safety on doors.your feet stuck to the floor. Would never stay here again even if it was free. We never even got a response after writing a letter about the scary intrusion we got in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 598Barb7
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel could very well be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Where do I begin? The bathroom floor was dirty and sticky with dried urine. The used bar of soap was left on the counter from the previous person. Yes it was nice to have a kitchen but the inside of the drawers and cabinets were filthy and after washing the silver wear and dishes I was afraid to put them back in so left them all out. There was only 1 butter knife one spoon and one drinking glass. The sink had no stopper so the desk attendant told us to just plug it up with a wash cloth. The carpet was filthy and clearly it had not been vacuumed in quite some time because we were walking all over crumbs and dirt and was leaving the bottoms of our feet black. The bed was so hard it was nearly unusable. The air conditioner was leaking water into the room and every time we walked by got our feet wet. And saved the best for last. Was ready for bed and upon pulling the sheet back a small roach ran out from under it and there was a small blood stain on the pillow case which had clearly not been washed as the blood was not even faded and looked fresh. If I had somewhere else to stay I would have just accepted my losses and left hoping to never stay here again. I have attempted to contact the hotels guest service website and have received no reply.

• Stayed: September 2013
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
#6 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central? Share your experiences!