Please note that there is another Extended Stay America (ESA) right down the road. I almost think some of these reviews were mistakenly written about that one, not the one at 12161 Lackland. I have stayed in that one, and I would not again!
I had a meeting with family the next morning so I decided to drive down the night before. I was going to arrive late, so I didn't really care where I stayed, so I booked on Hotwire and got a pretty cheap rate, less than $50. I am familiar with ESA...they are meant for longer stays with less amenities and service. At first I thought I booked the other ESA, but was pleased to find it was this one. I arrived at 10:55pm. The front desk technically "closes" at 11pm and the front door locks. My one issue is that the front door was already locked and the front desk closed down, so I had to wait a few minutes for Georgina to arrive. You have to remember that this is limited service, and the third shifters are often doing other things, like laundry, during third shift. It was a little unnerving after having driven 3 hours, but it wasn't a big deal. Georgina was apologetic and kind and moved quickly to get us checked into room 309.
I was actually surprised at how nice the lobby areas were. The elevator was fine, and as we headed to our room, I did notice some stains on the carpet which looked fairly new....just bad luck I suppose, but there are lots of products and devices which should fade those. Otherwise, the halls seemed quite decent. The atmosphere was actually pleasant and I felt safe, and the halls were quiet.
In the room, it wasn't modern and the fridge, electric cook top and microwave were all dated, but again, look at the rates you pay. You shouldn't expect luxury and stainless steel. The room wasn't huge but it was fine. Dining table for 2, queen size bed, flat screen TV and a very basic bathroom. There were two bars of soap and that's it, but there is a sign saying you can request shampoo/conditioner at the front desk. Again, most people travel with their own and it saves money for a cheaper rate. I expected that. There was some wear in the room...nicks on furniture, low quality bedding, cheap curtains, worn carpet, low quality pillows (they did at least have both down and poly). Again, exactly what I would expect for this type of property. It did not feel dirty though. The shower was stained but worked well, same with the toilet, I had plenty of hot water and the AC worked just fine and the room was quiet. I also slept pretty well on the mattress. I could not have asked for more.
Georgina allowed me a noon check out instead of 11am. I got dressed and had a cup of coffee from downstairs - pretty good, even though they only had Coffeemate and not half and half. I threw one of the granola bars in my purse for the rest of my trip. Cindy at the front desk was super happy and friendly.
Again, I'm not sure where all the negative reviews came from, but my experience was just fine, and I would totally stay here again for times when I don't want to spend much money. That leave more budget for all the great restaurants in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites St. Louis - Westport Hotel Creve Coeur
- Homestead Suites Saint Louis
- Homestead Saint Louis
- Homestead Studio Suites Westport
- Saint Louis Homestead Suites
- Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central Saint Louis/Creve Coeur, MO