“IN AWE I LOVE THIS DINE IN THEATRE”
Review of AMC West Olive 16

AMC West Olive 16
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I absolutely love this dine in theatre. This makes a date night so much nicer to be out and off of your own couch. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks. This is by far the best idea ever.

There are newer reviews for AMC West Olive 16

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I received free tickets from AAA and finally used them this week! My wife and I went to see The Butler. I didn't know this was one of the new theaters for adults! Wow!! Nice, comfortable electric recliner seats! Small capacity for a more quiet, intimate experience! A real food menu filled with very appetizing selections! Scrumptious dessert choices! Free refills on popcorn! Servers to take your order while you enjoy the movie! What's not to like about it?

Our server, Lee, was very attentive and quick with our orders. We had only expected the usual snack items, but had parmesan fries, veggie quesadillas, and fruit salad. All of which looked good and tasted good too! The food is kind of pricey, but they give you a lot. If we had eaten elsewhere , we probably would have paid as much. The convenience is what I liked and didn't mind paying for. I don't go often, but from now on, if and when I do go, I will go back to this theatre!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting this area while on vacation and ended up going to Pacific Rim around 8pm. The theater was clean, not crowded thankfully, and was located in a good part of the city. Everything was well lit and felt safe leaving after the movie. The movie itself was amazing, the quality of the picture and sound was perfect, the chairs were comfortable. All in all great experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have seen about 25 movies so far in this theater since it was renovated. It is the closest theater to me so naturally I am going to chose it first but my experiences have been favorable, for the most part.

The auditoriums are very nice. I try and stick with the Cinema Suites that way I know there will no children and the stadium seating is a bit better, compared to the "Fork and Screen" auditoriums. I find the seating to be very comfortable and spacious.

I do take advantage of the dining experience almost every time I go. I find the food prices to be slightly inflated but when I think about the popcorn I would have eaten at a different theater, vs the Salmon I can get here, I don't mind so much. The variety of food is on par compared to other restaurants.

The service on the other hand, is horrendous. The servers seem to all have great difficulty placing the order (on their mobile unit), remembering what the order was, who ordered what, etc. If you go during a busy time then the food can take a while to come out.

My biggest grip is the mistakes with my food order. I constantly have to get my food items corrected due to errors. Ordering a burger with no cheese, but it comes with cheese. Asking for specific condiments, but get none. Asking for a refill on drink, but never getting the refill.

I think about 90% of my visits I have had some sort of issue with the service or food items. So why do I come back?
-The location
-The option for "real" food not just popcorn
-The quality of the auditorium
-Assigned seating
-No kids

So... do I recommend this theater? Yes. Does it have its flaws? Yes.

1  Thank Tyler S
Reviewed 21 July 2013

One of the better theaters in St. Louis, they have the 21+ seating which is great considering last time I went to one that allowed kids in I had a kid kicking the back of my seat while another texted and a third kept asking his mother questions--note that was in one of the 18+ without a parent theaters. Warning would be that this theater is cold!!