“Very Nice Place”

Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Reviewed 16 November 2013

came to the area to see friends and booked here...Nice place. Room size was good, bed was very good, everything was modern and clean. only complaint was the pillows were square, a little small and too soft.

Lobby had an eating area which had good food . The pool and work out area looked good although I did not try them out. Staff were very friendly and were extremely helpful.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
STLCC, General Manager at Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review about our Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our newly renovated Hotel. We take great pride in our building and staff so I will make sure to pass your kind words along to my team. By the way, we are currently in the process of updating all our pillows. Hopefully your next visit they will not be so soft!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This property is truly a business hotel for short term stays in an active area of St. Louis. It serves business travelers who are constantly on the go and seems to build its amenities around those needs.

There is a bistro with limited - but quick - food service and a bar. Breakfast is not included which - based on competing hotels in the neighborhood - makes this property less of a value than its nearby competitor.

I stayed there for a week in October. My room was a bit dogeared but clean. Apparently there had been some remodeling at one time and the patched areas were done poorly with a coating of heavy stucco like coating and high gloss paint. Housekeeping was inconsistent in terms of re-stocking disposables and re-staging of the room. It was always an adventure looking for the remote. With all the concerns about cleanliness in rooms I was impressed that the glassware was wrapped in plastic with a sticker that said "sparkling clean" nice touch!

The staff was friendly and efficient and only slightly abrupt - mostly because they were always quite busy.

The rooms are on 4 floors the lowest of which are on floor zero. I suggest avoiding this floor as the halls were less clean due to traffic and seemed a bit musty.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I were in St. Louis to attend a concert. The hotel was conveniently located just off I-270 in a safe area. We were greeted warmly by the staff and check-in took just a minute or two. Since we had never stayed here before we were unfamiliar with the layout of the hotel, and had to walk down a very long hall to reach the elevator. (When we returned from the concert we park near a side door, which was much closer to the elevator.) The room was immaculate, with a sofa, nice-sized flat screen TV, and a vey comfortable bed. Clean bathroom with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. I got this room at an extremely good price on the Marriott website, and I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cutch66
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I checked in the hotel with the assumption that's it was going to be just another hotel stay. I was completely wrong, the staff was very wonderful, pleasant, and very helpful. I visited the bistro across the hall from the front desk and to my surprise the gentleman working there by the name of Will was so helpful kind and ready to serve or every hand and foot. He was really friendly, positive and upbeat! Everything you should expect when it comes to customer service. The young lady by the name of Cassandra was also so very helpful, we had needed some help with our tv and she got it working for is writhing the following minute with her excellent step by step instructions. The only complaint that I have was there was a short, wide blonde haired young lady the front desk at this one particular time I came in the doors and was greeted by her annoying voice. Then I went to my room and called down for some extra towels and there was no answer of the phone, I tried 5 times before I had given up and there was still no response. But other than that I would most definitely be coming back every time , especially to come visit the warm awaiting smile of Will!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed in this hotel as we planned a short weekend vacation in St. Louis. We planned to visit downtown sites and take in a Cubs-Cardinals game. I felt safe in the neighborhood.The check in/out process was easy and the staff was friendly. The hotel has a business center with free use of their computers. There is also a cafe on site although we did not eat there. In the mornings this area was pretty crowded. The lobby has a fire place and swanky lounging area to relax.
We were given a room with a balcony and courtyard view. The courtyard also has a lounging area that was very peaceful. Our room appeared to be recently updated as it had inviting decor and a fridge and couch adjacent to the bed. The bed was comfortable and the room appeared to have a clean appearance. We left our "do not disturb" sign on during the day as we did not wish to have our room cleaned since we were only staying two nights. We left and came back to our room after spending the day out on the town and when we returned back to our room, we found that the housekeeping manager called our room phone and left a message that they noticed our do not disturb sign and if we needed new towels or other items to call them and they would bring these items. We were very impressed with their attention to detail and I had never experienced such concern at other hotels.
The location of this hotel to major attractions was wonderful. We were 20 minutes from downtown, Grants Farm, the Loop. We are from Chicago, and found that the drive from Creve Coeur to these attractions did not compare in misery to the type of congested driving we experience in Chicago.

The only criticisms I have is that the bathroom area in our room was very small. The closet space is in the same area as the bathroom sink. With only one sink, it was hard for more than one person to use this area at once. In addition, the pool/sauna was constantly filled with children and families. This is not exactly a romantic hotel. It is very family oriented. If you are easily bothered by children or like more upscale feel to your hotels, I would not recommend this hotel. They offer basic amenities. Last the hotel itself is somewhat of a maze. The hallways are long and winding and the location from our car to the lobby to our room took some time to figure out and reach.

Overall, I would stay here again, given the minor limitations, we appreciated having a clean and safe hotel for the price and location to major St. Louis attractions.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I are from St. Louis, and find ourselves returning often for various family events or other business. In some cases, one or both of us may visit more than a dozen times per year (I happened to visit eight times during September - December 2012.) Combine that with family members spread far & wide in St. Louis County, and the result is a need for centrally located accommodations. This property more than fits that bill.

The hotel is always clean and well-maintained. It is safe, and located just off I-270. The staff is exceptional. Because of the frequency of our visits, many of them know us by name. They even know to reserve our favorite room for us (when it’s available). As often as we find ourselves in their company, we do consider it a home away from home.

A few observations after reading other reviews: This is a Courtyard, not a Ritz Carlton. Please understand that the amenities will differ, from what’s in your room (or not) and at the property itself. Also, the decision to discontinue free coffee in the lobby was made by corporate, not by the local staff. The bistro is fine for a meal, but if it isn’t to your liking, there are plenty of places to eat all around this location, at many different price points.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

off the road , not much noise and a typical Courtyard experience

small restaurant ,small store off lobby for snacks

staff very helpful

I need 200 characters , so maybe this last sentence will put me over the top

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur? Share your experiences!