Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Champaign, Illinois
“Room 103”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

The room was in deplorable conditions. The bathroom fixtures were old. Rotting tile and sink. Black mold/mildew on the shower curtain. Carpet old and stained. Room not cleaned, or vacuumed. We had to disinfect the room in order to stay for one night, because we were too tired to move and find another hotel. Room had an odor. It was horrible. Not sure why they don't check the rooms before renting them out....Never stay at this extended stay.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before checking in to be sure about the cleanliness.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this issue any further, please feel free to contact me directly at, swp@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to or hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dexter, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. It was filthy. The bath tub was dirty and the bathroom sing had little black hairs all in it and on the counter. The silverware was dirty. The chairs at the bar were filthy and there were spider webs in the corner by the bed. Never again. The health department should shut this place down.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in you room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you I am working with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that our guest rooms are more in line with our company's high standards. As well, we are providing your room with a deep clean to ensure future guests are not affected by this issue.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at swp@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Las Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We got to the room at around 7:30 P.M. The bed was not made. The linens were piled up in the middle of the bed. The room was half clean. I called the front desk and we changed room. The new room sported three dead roaches on the very dirty carpet.

We dashed to the lobby, canceled our reservation and went to the nice, quiet and clean Day's Inn that is next door (100 yards to the right).

Since we booked with EXPEDIA, the hotel could not refund my $370 dollars; especially because EXPEDIA had farmed out my reservation to a third party called IMO (I think).

After trying to speak to a human being from EXPEDIA (7 phone calls). I got tired of being put in a waiting loop that got me disconnected every single time. I called MASTERCARD, told them the whole story and had them duke it out with EXPEDIA.

Two things I learned: Never book anything with EXPEDIA. They do not provide customer service. Two, stay the hell way from Extended Stay Hotels!

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms in this hotel. Do not go there!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Brasilia, DF
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

SUBSTANDARD ! Filthy, old room. Not renovated since the 70's. Didn't get the feeling the room was CLEANED prior to our arrival. This hotel should not even be open for business unless you are DESPERATE for a place to stay, and should be FREE! Should be open only for pets needing a place to stay.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel, no elevators, unclean
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dee - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's high standards. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward. As well, we are working to deep clean your room.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at swp@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Ait Ben Haddou, Morocco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Please next time give me a tiger cage and a gun.

Room Tip: Bring chloroform if you intend to sleep
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am appreciative that you took the time to review our St. Louis, Craig Road property. I am sorry that you did not feel safe. I will work with the team to improve our service at this location.

Thank you again and if you want to provide further feedback to me, please contact me at rmorris@extendedstay.com. Wishing you safe travels in the future. Best regards, Rebecca Morris
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I am a travel agent and get discounts through several hotel chains, but I was in need of a suite with a separate bedroom so that my daughter would have her own private sleeping area. My husband and I live locally, but like to stay away from home some weekends, and I also have a few clients that travel for business and have inquired about this hotel chain, so I figured I would check it out to see if I would recommend it. I noticed that there were listings for "studio suites" and "deluxe suites", so I called to ask the difference and was informed that if I rented a deluxe suite, it would have a bedroom. There were no travel agent discounts offered, but I did have a promo code that took a little bit off of the cost. You have to pay the full amount upfront and then have your card reimbursed the promo difference at checkout. When I arrived, the suite did not have a bedroom. I was given a smoking room as requested, but there were no ashtrays and I had to go back down to the front desk, then I had to find a member of the housekeeping staff in the hallway for a trash can, and also make another trip to the front desk for linens/blankets for the sofa sleeper. The kitchen was equipped with one plate and 2 bowls, no cups, no utensils, etc. as stated in the description. The complimentary Wi-fi worked excellent, and my daughter was able to stream Netflix on her Kindle with no problem. The room had a strange odor, but I just assumed that was something meant to decrease the smell of smoke, and we got used to it pretty fast, so it wasn't a big deal. We ended up hanging a blanket to make a partition so that we could have as much privacy as possible under the circumstances. I was told before check-in that I could do a 1pm checkout and that it would be notated, however we were woken at 10am by the housekeeping staff, and then I was disturbed again an hour later mid-shower by the front desk personnel knocking on the door to confirm the late checkout request. Had I known there was not an actual bedroom in this suite, I could have gotten a better deal on a room through many of the hotel chains that offer me deep discounts. I was very disappointed because privacy was a huge issue, which is why I called to ensure I would have a bedroom, so this pretty much ruined the romantic night my husband and I had planned after our daughter was asleep, which was why we rented the room in the first place. I mentioned the difference in the description at the front desk, but they just nonchalantly told me they only had one room with a bedroom and it would be available at some point in November.

Room Tip: Make sure it specifically says "1 Bedroom Suite" if you need a separate bedroom, do not re...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the room did not have a separate bedroom like you thought it would as well as missing the ashtray and the linens for the sofa sleeper. I met with the staff, and we will make sure ashtrays and linens will be in the room to ensure that missing these items is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at swp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Urbana-Champaign
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I spent two weeks at Extended Stay America/Westport and had a very pleasant stay. The room was on the ground floor but still well lit. The ground floor view is of the parking lot, but I didn't expect great vistas in the middle of Creve Coeur. The hotel is next to a Hardees and a gas station, but it is quiet and access is easy. Check-in was easy and everything (including the money that would be credited back to my card upon check-out) was fully explained.The hotel has a minimalist, free breakfast every morning. It is nothing special by any means, but it is adequate. Actually, it is more than I expected from a place that has kitchens in every room.

The room was clean and well arranged. It could use "refreshing" but wasn't dirty per se. There were stains on the carpet, the sofa, and some marks on the walls, and the drapes were obviously old, but everything was clean. There was a full kitchen including a full size refrigerator that kept things very cold, a four burner stove with an oven, a microwave, and a kitchen sink. It included basic cooking utensils and a coffeemaker, but you had to buy coffee to use just as you had to buy your own food for meals. Everything worked, though the oven door hit the fridge door if you tried to open both at the same time. There also was a counter in the kitchen for either food prep or eating.

The bed was very comfortable. The couch also converted to a bed, but I didn't use it. The TV had about 30 channels, but it was enough. It included three Showtime channels, all of the local channels, and a good number of other cable channels (like Syfy and Lifetime, etc.). Most of the time the room was quiet, but I will say that for two days I could hear the people above me stomping around. I'm not sure why they were noisier than others who stayed in that room.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. The parking lot was being repaved during my last two days. They came to my room to ask me to move my car for repaving, which was no problem except that I parked a bit of a walk from my room. When it came time to leave, Kevin, one of the staff, noticed I walk with a limp and asked if he could help me load my car. Not only that, he opened up the lot for me, let me move my car (on the newly paved lot) to a door right by my room. After I was packed up he lifted the ropes around the lot and let me out.

This is an extended stay hotel, so you don't get clean towels every day and they don't make your bed for you. But you can get clean towels at any time by taking your dirty towels to the desk and exchanging them for fresh ones. So it is no big deal.

The hotel is very close to Westport Plaza and is nicely located between St. Charles and St. Louis city, so it was a great choice for me since I had business in both places. About fifteen minutes to St Charles New Town and fifteen minutes to the Delmar Loop.

I didn't bring shampoo, toothpaste, etc., but there is a Schnucks market nearby and you can get everything you need there. I also had to buy hangers since none were in the room for me to use on my stay. I only paid about thirty per night so I am not going to complain at all. (Rates also get cheaper as you stay longer, so this would be a great place for a long stay.) The room was light and airy. I had an end unit so I had two windows, one facing North and one facing East.

The hotel has free wireless internet, and you can purchase an upgrade. I went with the basic internet and it was fine. The signal was strong enough (four of five "bars") and was quick enough for most things, but I wouldn't try streaming Netflix without purchasing the faster package. You must both enter a code and then open a browser and agree to terms. This was a bit tricky on my phone, but simple on my laptop. I didn't have to do it again during my stay once I got onto the network. It was plenty fast enough for me to file reports, etc., during my stay, and certainly fast enough for regular browsing and email.

Room Tip: End units have two windows which makes them feel larger. This hotel has no elevator, so choose a gro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that there were no hangers in the room you stayed in. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel and liked our kitchen as well as our cable selection and grab and go breakfast. I am also happy to hear that our location was ideal for your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#5 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road? Share your experiences!