“Great Road Trip Barbeque”

Missouri Hick Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Cuba
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Park Hills, Missouri
“Great Road Trip Barbeque”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Love the design of the restaurant on old Route 66. The food was wonderful I love barbeque and very picky my freinds say I have tried at least 1000 bbq places. Katy my server was fast and friendly. I strongly reccomend.

Watervliet
“disappointing”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stopped a few years ago on our way through and had an excellent pulled pork sandwich.I was looking forward to another one but this time about half the sandwich was gobs of fat that I picked out and threw away. Very good sauces, the cole slaw was very good but there was way more fat on the sandwich than there should have been. Disappointing.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful Samplers”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We got two sampler platters for dinner. One with ribs, chicken and turkey, the other was ribs, turkey and brisket. Both were very good and at $11 bucks a pop, it was plenty of food. We had sides of mashed potatoes, baked beans, and green beans. All were very good and well sized. They've many sauces be we enjoyed the Sweet & Smokey as well as the Smoke flavor. Should have bought some to take home. We won't make that mistake on our next visit.

Visited May 2014
Mokena, Illinois
“Great Roadtrip Stop”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Traveling back to Chicago area from Texas we were on I-44 looking for a good lunch spot that wasn't the typical fast food spots one typically finds at most exits. Noticed a bunch of signs for this place and decided to check it out. Don't be fooled by the name! I expected to find a hole in the wall bbq place but was pleasantly surprised to find a unique looking place you wouldn't expect to find in the neighborhood it's located in. Only about 10 minutes from I-44 exit and easy to find. My daughter had the St. Louis Ribs and I had the combo platter. Ribs were very meaty and the rest of the food was good too. Feels a bit like a northwoods cabin inside, lots of knotty pine and natural wood decor. Onlything missing was a Shiner beer to compliment the bbq. They do have some of their own brews though. Great alternative to fast food. I'll be back.

Livonia, Michigan
“Great barbeque”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Food and atmosphere was great! There are two levels with outdoor dining on the top - unfortunately it was a bit cold to dine there.

Visited May 2014