“Beware here!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cuba
Spring Hill, Florida
“Beware here!”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My Garmin told me this was a Holiday Inn Express and when we arrived, we found it was now called Chateau Inn & Suites! Now in Trip Advisor I see it's Motel 6 Cuba! Folks, I’m writing so you won’t fall into this trap as we did. This hotel keeps changing its name for a reason, one of which is so you can’t do your homework like you’re doing now, and trying to be as informed as possible.

Pull up in front of this hotel and look around the parking lot. Not very many cars, pot holes… deep ones here and there, the American Flag flying from the flag pole is horribly tattered and frayed and should have been replaced long ago. It’s probably the same flag that flew over the hotel when it was a Holiday Inn Express.

Walk to the west side of the front of the hotel. Look up at the soffits and you’ll see about a six foot hole where the aluminum siding is missing and in which the local pigeon population has gladly moved in and made it home.

Now glance into the windows lining the indoor pool area. The screens have been popped out or are missing, the pool area is cluttered with debris and there is no water in the pool. It’s been down for a long time and it’s clear, the management lacks the revenue to make whatever repairs are necessary.

This place is slowly sinking, due to its independent owners simply pulling daily revenue out of it and not doing any reinvestment in maintenance or upgrades.

Now enter the lobby and inquire about a room. The front desk is pleasant and there for a wage only. They can’t explain why the name of the hotel keeps changing, instead they just smile, and shrug their shoulders in indifference. You’ll probably get a room priced in the mid $60s for the night, but please don’t put much stock in hotel security or for the safety of your vehicle parked in their lot. How many of the security lights which are supposed to be trained on the lot and all vehicles parked there, would you guess are out? Sweet dreams staying in this place… I won’t get caught like that again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Barry H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The hotel was clean and inexpensive. The staff was very knowledgeable about the area. They made several recommendations for restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank diehardjimmie
Missouri
Reviewed 27 June 2009

we stayed and they gave us the room right by the poool.... bad....
we heard doors slamming all nite then we asked for extra blankets and did not receive them poor when i said something as we were checking out all the clerk said " well you should of gotten them" not we will take money off of your bill... 100 a nite not ever again went to the Baymont Inn and Suite and for 65 a nite much better personalities cleaner motels and the pool looks and is much much cleaner......

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank cathywilson87

Travellers are raving about these Cuba hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 September 2008

The hotel was average at best for a HIE. I used award points for the stay, but they charged my credit card anyway. I called about 3 times before I was able to get the charge corrected, and then they corrected it twice! Double check your bill and then your credit card statement!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Billing issues, service after the stay
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sgkramar
Missouri
Reviewed 2 August 2008

I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express locations and until now I "swore by them." My first room had dead bugs (beetles) in the corners of the room and some kind of minute bugs in the bathtub. The room smelled musty and when I looked behind the bed for an extra outlet I noticed the large black mouse trap house type of contraption under the bed. When I got down on the floor and looked closer at it, I saw a critter that I can only hope was a mouse. The second room had the small minute bugs in the shower but seemed overall better, that is, until it started to rain and my room quickly became the safe haven for all beetles everywhere. I didn't have the heart to kill them so I covered them with the plastic cups they provided. The next day when I got back to my room I found that all but one of the cups had been picked up by the cleaning crew but the dead beetles remained. I don't guess beetles are dirty so if they don't bother you then I guess this hotel is ok, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MissouriAbbysMom
Plainview, TX
Reviewed 18 March 2006

Very quiet location. Friendly front desk staff. Comfortable beds. Breakfast bar was not the greatest-coffee was lukewarm and several items were in need of being replenished, but were not even thought 30 minutes were left until closing time. Excellent internet access. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank LisaKa
missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2005

This is a nice hotel just off I-44 in Cuba Mo. Holiday Inn Express are our hotels of choice when on the road and this one is very nice. Great Start Breakfast is good and a hot cup of coffee is on just about anytime you might want it.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank graymace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuba
Econo Lodge
Comfort Inn Sullivan
#2 of 6 in Sullivan
Baymont Inn & Suites Rolla
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla

Been to Days Inn & Suites Cuba? Share your experiences!