“Would Definitely Recommend”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cuba
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was clean but a little outdated. Would definitely recommend to any traveler. The host/hostess initially seemed a little leary of us, but after a bit, they bent over backwards to may our stay a good one. Just give them the chance and they and the hotel will come through for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I am staying in hotels until Memorial Day..vacation...so far all hotels have been clean and friendly and all BUT the Best Western in Cuba have lived up to my expectations...the web has been accurate...with pools with user ability and hot tubs in room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel has been remodeled and kept nicely for a drive-up to the front door type. Clean rooms and decorated nicely. Around $80 for the room was a little high, was expecting $65-70 since it was an older design. Breakfast was very good. Many larger chain hotels are not any better here than what was available.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stopped at the Welcome Center as we entered MO. The lady there gave us a coupon book for discounts at hotels in the state. We took the BW because we have always been comfortable and friendly staff. When we got to the hotel we ask about the price, We were told 75. something so I showed her the coupon 69.95 and she said those rooms only had regular double beds so we should pay a little more for more comfort. I said I had no problem with a regular double bed, and she wouldn't stop pushing for the higher price. Now it's not the little difference in money it's the principal, if you advertise in a coupon book to get people to stay at your place you should honor that. When I gave her my member card she said she could not give me the points on the cheaper room. Then she said she would update us to a king size bed , since she couldn't honor my card. Now she sent us to a wheelchair room, big . and clean, now my husband thinks she sent us there because she wanted the hotel to look fuller, I say since we were adults she couldn't give us time out in a corner so she placed us next to a service road with traffic driving at 55 miles an hour all night and also beside the I 40 Not much sleep for us. The place was not even 1/2 full with plenty of rooms in a quitter area. To give the devil it's due the breakfast was very good. Would I stay there again? NO WAY/

Room Tip: If you have a discount coupon, don't argue with the office staff, take the higher price room the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eileen M
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with 2 day stay at the BW in Cuba Mo. My Room was clean and comfortable and everything was up-to-date (the fixtures in the bathroom are usually the tell-tale sign of an aging hotel - everything was good!). Breakfast was on par with other similar hotels I've been at, but it was very clean. Service was excellent. I had to check out a day early and after the normal check-out time which was no problem. Thier cheerful willingness to accommodate my circumstance is what will have me returning to Best Western in Cuba.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are farthest away from the Interstate
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This motel is one of the older style single level park in front of your room style buildings. Everything looked a little dated but was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a little better than continental with waffle makers and all of the usual fair. Quiet area and I was able to get a good nights sleep after a long day of driving.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After attending a lavish family gathering earlier that evening, my wife and I needed to stay at a hotel nearby as it was after midnight. To be proactive, we called BW in Cuba to find out if there was a room available. I could tell the woman that answered had been awoken by our call but I noticed she was very nice and helpful regardless. Upon arriving around 2am, we were met with the same courtesy. The room was clean and well kept up. The water was a good HOT for my wife , whom I believe is made sterner stuff than I as she likes the water at steam level.
At check-out the next morning we awoke to the remains of a pre-spring ice and snow storm. Though our car was covered and sealed in ice the parking lot was clear and all other quests had apparently left already, leaving us to scrape and melt in silence. When the operators of the BW Cuba Inn. noticed we were getting started, they called us to tell us that the roads were bad and if we need to hang around for a while they would understand and take care of us. Since the storm was light and we are seasoned drivers (with a destination) we need not stay but thought the gesture was outstanding, just as this little Motel.

Room Tip: King size beds are KING SIZE.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
bestwesterncuba, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. Hope we can see you again when you are in this area. Once again thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuba
Days Inn & Suites Cuba
Comfort Inn Sullivan
Comfort Inn Sullivan
#2 of 6 in Sullivan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!