Econo Lodge
US$118
US$122
US$104
ComfortInn
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston(Sikeston)
US$101
US$63
US$118
US$74
US$72
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmoking roomstay there againsmall hotelcoffee potpillowsmicrowavesecuritydevice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Arrived at the hotel around 2am. Upon entering the hotel it smelled like stale smoke and heard a dog barking in one of the hallway rooms.
The decor was dated but the lobby appeared to be clean.
I had to ring the bell twice before the attendant arrived. Efficient but not overly friendly.
She told us that she had to change our room and upgraded us to a king bed suite with a jacuzzi but don't use the jacuzzi!
Upon entering our room it smelled strongly of mothballs! Gag... the air was on but it was extremely stuffy.
The room was clean. Had a fridge and microwave that was clean as well. The sink needed to be scrubbed. Calcium deposit stains in it.
The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were hard and were smaller than a standard size pillow.
Breakfast was carb filled. Waffles, packaged danishes, bread, cereal,apples and instant oatmeal. Needing protein I chose the oatmeal.
Only 2 tables in the lobby for dining.

No elevators. Not a big deal for us but good info to know. :-)
Not a place to vacation but it met our needs to lay our heads and sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 27 July 2013

First of all let me say if you wish to have a hotel room with a bathtub...you won't find it here! Apparently their entire establishment has only a couple rooms with tubs. Granted....I would NEVER sit in a hotel bathtub but I have a 4yr old that I'd like to give a stand up bath. How I'm supposed to stand him in the shower and not soak myself I haven't figured out yet. I spoke with the lady at the front desk who acted completely flabbergasted that our room had no tub. She told me she could not move us because they were full. She said she would speak to her manager about discounting our room because if the inconvenience. However he is the guy I booked with and has the charm and personality of a ROCK! He was a complete jerk and of course wouldn't discount it and then argued with me that the website stated a double bedroom accommodated 2 people when it CLEARLY says four, and he had already not charged me for 2 extra people staying in my room. Seriously??? Like a room with 2 queens and 4 guests is unheard of?? He SUCKS at managing a hotel and was beyond rude. We come to Dexter quite often to visit friends and would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank ShowMeTheOcean
hemant p, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thank u for staying with us now let me clear that i did offer room which has a bath tub and i said i can do it first thing in the morning because we did not have any room left that night that is why and for the person issue let me tell you i been manage motel for ten years so i know what i was talking about it you need to go on line and you need to double check it says 4 person max occupancy in the room that mean you can stay max 4 person but room rate is for two person and if you have kids then they can stay free but have adult then $5.00 extra charge for that so go online on our web site whice is econolodge.com then you will find out. So first you need to clear on that and if i did not give you a discount then your rate gona be $ 69.99 + tax . So i did give u discount. So you do not need to teach me how to run motel.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Having nearly given up on finding a decent place to lodge in Dexter Missouri, I had a very pleasant surprise during my most recent trip in early July 2013. If one were to read only pre-2012 reviews for this inn, they would give second thought (as did I). However, some of the more recent reviews sounded quite favorable. I decided to take a chance on. Thanks to the more recent reviewers! I fully agree with your assessments of this quite comfortable and very reasonably priced inn. The GM, Harry Patel is quite friendly and courteous and seems to take pride in this property -- as he should. My room was spacious and spotless and this could be said of the entire facility. Only thing that would make this an even greater stay would be a swimming pool; however, lack of one will not keep me from returning. I'll be back next time I'm in the area. Prayers and wishes for safe and pleasant travels wherever the road may lead you. Peaceful Blessings, Brother Bill, nazareanmissions.org.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 117. It was great; however, I have a feeling that all rooms are on par with this one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rev Bill C
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We have traveled all across the state of Missouri and have never stayed at a motel where we felt so welcomed! The rooms and common areas were immaculate. The staff and management were extremely accommodating. The breakfast was great. It was extremely quiet! Everything worked, the microwave, coffee pot, refrigerator and blow dryer. There were a few burn in the carpet but is expected in a smoking room.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in did not have a bathtub, not sure if all the rooms were set up that way but if you want to soak in the tub you might check first.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna O

Hi

This harry patel and i want to tell you thank you very much for staying with us and your review and let me assure you this kind of review make us more hard work for our guest. and let me know for your future lodgeing needs. once again thank you very much

thank

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I have had to use this hotel when I had house problems. The rooms smell nice, the tv and selection of channels is great, and the breakfast was great! They have a waffle iron, and other choices. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I do not use anyother hotel but this one when I need one.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank smhou
hemant p, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you so much for your review and On behalf of my staff i also want thank you very much for your review. And look forward for your future lodging need.

Harry Patel