“Better than most Econo Lodges”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dexter
Granbury, Texas
“Better than most Econo Lodges”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We do not usually stay in Econo Lodges because of past experiences, but this one was surely
one of the better of those we had stayed in. There is little to chose from in Dexter, Mo. The
staff were friendly & helpful and the room was clean and larger than expected. One thing I
would like to bring your attention to....don't rely on your GPS or other homing device to get
you to this location correctly, get your directions from the hotel printout and call them for accurate directions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Wolleysegap172

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Williams, Indiana
Reviewed 7 July 2014

You're in Dexter, MO... Let's be honest - there isn't a lot to choose from in lodging. We went for a family event, and stayed at the Econo Lodge. The room seemed clean enough. It might have been nice to know that there were only showers, not bath tubs for families with little ones. There was a pretty serious smoking odor just outside our door that crept under the door... The bed wasn't the worst we have slept in, but it wasn't the most comfortable, either - and the pillows were about as good as sleeping on flat cardboard. Overall, for the money and the other choice available on a holiday weekend - this wasn't a bad hotel. This was our second stay (both for family functions in the area, and both on holiday weekends), so obviously, it was decent enough for us to come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Merriam, Kansas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

There are few choices of hotel/motels in Dexter, MO. The first impression upon arrival was the intense cigarette odor that hit us in the face as we entered the very small lobby (which is also where breakfast is served. Not very appetizing). We skipped their breakfast the next AM. The manager was a man of few words and didn't direct us to the stairwell. This motel was way too close to the interstate. That noise and the very, very noisy AC, the light shining through the curtains (had to rig towels up on the curtain rod to block the light out), the hard beds and flat, hard pillows were cause for very little sleep. Although we had requested to be away from elevators, stairwells and ice machines, we were near the interior stairs (no elevators in the building) and other guests were quite noisy. The bathroom was very small and the shower was slippery. The sheets had stains along the edges. And, we found bugs crawling on our beds. When reported the next AM, the manager did adjust our bill from a 2 bed down to a 1 bed rate. He did all of this without a personal apology to me or any eye contact. I wouldn't recommend this as a comforting place to stay. Next time, we'll sleep in our car!

Room Tip: If you have lots of stuff to carry in from the car, ask for a ground level room because there are no...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank LaRue2014

Travellers are raving about these Dexter hotels

Puyallup, Wa.
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at this motel in Dexter 2 days and nights and found the room very clean, and smelled clean. The staff was helpful and very efficient. The breakfast is adequate for a continental style. I can not say anything bad about our stay. I don't know why anyone would have reason to complain.....I sure don't! I was in room 119.

Room Tip: A good night's sleep in a comfortable bed and clean room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
hemant p, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

HARRY PATEL
GM
ECONO LODGE
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Arrived at the hotel around 2am. Upon entering the hotel it smelled like stale smoke and heard a dog barking in one of the hallway rooms.
The decor was dated but the lobby appeared to be clean.
I had to ring the bell twice before the attendant arrived. Efficient but not overly friendly.
She told us that she had to change our room and upgraded us to a king bed suite with a jacuzzi but don't use the jacuzzi!
Upon entering our room it smelled strongly of mothballs! Gag... the air was on but it was extremely stuffy.
The room was clean. Had a fridge and microwave that was clean as well. The sink needed to be scrubbed. Calcium deposit stains in it.
The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were hard and were smaller than a standard size pillow.
Breakfast was carb filled. Waffles, packaged danishes, bread, cereal,apples and instant oatmeal. Needing protein I chose the oatmeal.
Only 2 tables in the lobby for dining.

No elevators. Not a big deal for us but good info to know. :-)
Not a place to vacation but it met our needs to lay our heads and sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue D
Reviewed 27 July 2013

First of all let me say if you wish to have a hotel room with a bathtub...you won't find it here! Apparently their entire establishment has only a couple rooms with tubs. Granted....I would NEVER sit in a hotel bathtub but I have a 4yr old that I'd like to give a stand up bath. How I'm supposed to stand him in the shower and not soak myself I haven't figured out yet. I spoke with the lady at the front desk who acted completely flabbergasted that our room had no tub. She told me she could not move us because they were full. She said she would speak to her manager about discounting our room because if the inconvenience. However he is the guy I booked with and has the charm and personality of a ROCK! He was a complete jerk and of course wouldn't discount it and then argued with me that the website stated a double bedroom accommodated 2 people when it CLEARLY says four, and he had already not charged me for 2 extra people staying in my room. Seriously??? Like a room with 2 queens and 4 guests is unheard of?? He SUCKS at managing a hotel and was beyond rude. We come to Dexter quite often to visit friends and would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank ShowMeTheOcean
hemant p, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thank u for staying with us now let me clear that i did offer room which has a bath tub and i said i can do it first thing in the morning because we did not have any room left that night that is why and for the person issue let me tell you i been manage motel for ten years so i know what i was talking about it you need to go on line and you need to double check it says 4 person max occupancy in the room that mean you can stay max 4 person but room rate is for two person and if you have kids then they can stay free but have adult then $5.00 extra charge for that so go online on our web site whice is econolodge.com then you will find out. So first you need to clear on that and if i did not give you a discount then your rate gona be $ 69.99 + tax . So i did give u discount. So you do not need to teach me how to run motel.

Fordland, Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Having nearly given up on finding a decent place to lodge in Dexter Missouri, I had a very pleasant surprise during my most recent trip in early July 2013. If one were to read only pre-2012 reviews for this inn, they would give second thought (as did I). However, some of the more recent reviews sounded quite favorable. I decided to take a chance on. Thanks to the more recent reviewers! I fully agree with your assessments of this quite comfortable and very reasonably priced inn. The GM, Harry Patel is quite friendly and courteous and seems to take pride in this property -- as he should. My room was spacious and spotless and this could be said of the entire facility. Only thing that would make this an even greater stay would be a swimming pool; however, lack of one will not keep me from returning. I'll be back next time I'm in the area. Prayers and wishes for safe and pleasant travels wherever the road may lead you. Peaceful Blessings, Brother Bill, nazareanmissions.org.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 117. It was great; however, I have a feeling that all rooms are on par with this o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rev Bill C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dexter
Dexter Inn
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
#2 of 10 in Sikeston
Super 8 Sikeston/Miner Area

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!