“Designed by "Magical" itself!”

Robinson Crusoe Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Likuri Island
Groesbeek, The Netherlands
“Designed by "Magical" itself!”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I have stayed here for 2 days through Feejee Experience and was the beginning of my experience. Nothing what I have seen furthermore is better then the fun I had on Robinson Crusoe Island! The staff was fantastic! Bula Maria! I miss you all!

Even the showers were awesomely inventive! Every cent was/is worth it and as soon as I have earned more I will be found over here!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
rcisland, Owner at Robinson Crusoe Island Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Its great you had a good time for your short stay there is something about the feeling you get being part of Robinson Crusoe even though you stayed only 2 nights we think its a combo of the staff (family) the great culture and a beautiful Island i know you felt it & the FEEJEE X 2night add deal you were on is GOOOOOD value Please come back one day

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We stayed for 6 nights and were not bored once, the island is beautiful but nothing compared to the staff who really make the place. The activities are free to join in for all those staying on the island and they are really worthwhile and the fire dancing is amazing! Everyone was so welcoming and we had the best time ever! I would go back this second if I could!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Most amazing 2 days spent in Fiji. I had 48 hours to spend in Fiji, and I chose to spend 2 days and 1 night on Robinson Crusoe Island. I am so happy with my choice. The staff were incredibly friendly, they all learned my name the morning I arrived and used it every time they saw me. I was upgraded to my own bure that had a shower and toilet connected to the main room. Ceiling fan provided a nice cool breeze in the warm weather.

I can't say enough about my experience, and the service of the staff. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Sydney
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We had 4 nights on Robinson Crusoe Island and had the best time ever. We travel to Fiji every year but have now found our favourite place. Yes it is no frills but the atmosphere makes up for it. We stayed in a lodge which had 3 beds and a private shower and toilet however the dorm is clean and not overcrowded if you are on a tighter budget. The staff were fantastic and treated you like family! We were entertained most of the day and every night by either shows or activities. Snorkelling trips daily, kayak adventures, sunset booze cruise, kava ceremonies, jewellery making, evening games, volleyball were some of the highlights. The staff ensure you are occupied if thats what you want or you can just relax on the beach or in the wonderful hammocks. This island is also famous for its day and night trips. Well worth it to see the magnificant shows. The food was much better than all islands we have visited with a great variety of buffets for lunch and dinner. We were so sad to say goodbye and all the staff come and farewelled us with their beautiful singing. Next time we will certainly stay much longer and we can't wait to go back. Another highlight in Fiji was PJ's Sailing Adventures Fiji on the Pelorus Jack. Transfers are available to Port Denarau where you start your day of sailing. The snorkelling just off plantation Island is one of the best in Fiji. After your snorkeliing you go to Plantation Island for lunch and a relax and then set back to sail. The crew were very entertaining and had everyone singing along to their crazy songs. I would highly recommend this one day trip. All in all we had a great holiday and look forward to seeing everyone again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I staid on the Robinson Crusoe Island for 2 whole days. I enjoyed it very much.
There was a warm welcome when arriving on the island. There are plenty activities to do if you not just want to lay on the beach. You have wateractivities or you can join the bushwalk.
The food which was served in the morning, afternoon and diner, was very good.
I staid in the dorm. The beds were very comfortable. There are no windows so before you fall asleep you hear the nice sounds of the sea and teh insect. I liked the outdoor experience for that.
The facilities were so funny. There is a bucket shower, but normal toilets.
The staff is sooo kind and always helpfull during te stay.
The part I enjoyed the most was the dance in the evening and the afternoon. With the men and the women.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2011

What a waste of money.. honestly the 50 minute coach ride with no air con going their then this beat up little boat where people were lined back to back and and along the edges for the longest time.. sunset cruise yeah ok as long as you didn't get up to take pics because you would land on somebody else.
Actually there isn't anything to take a picutre of, the "swamp" is dirty and their is nothing scenic to see.

ok we arrive to the island, greated and par take in the Kava Ceremony.. that was nice, the Lovo was a Joko... not an entire pig taken out of the ground (like we had experienced before) but wrapped up pieces of meat in foil (did the fijians have foil all those years ago?).. ok that being said the food was "average".

The only saving grace was the fire and dance show which went on for a good 1.5hrs.. that was great the staff were very talented although the smell of petrol to light the torchees was getting to everyone.

The refugee boat ride back wasn't to bad this time as I had the "outside" and could see the amazing stars at night, the sky was full of them and there were fish flying out of the sea but still a long uncomfortable ride and then the coach ride back again...

Think twice before you book this trip, there are much better ones to experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank elvis10_10
rcisland, Owner at Robinson Crusoe Island Resort, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
I am sorry this guest did not enjoy our 20minute boat trip along the Tuva river but i must correct the guest statements in regards to the experience. First off we own a fleet of 7 aluminium boats that are well maintained by our fulltime engineers and we are in no way beat up. The boat in question is a 3 year old 32 ft purpose built craft surveyed for 50 passengers and captained by fully qualified captains.We do not own a refugee boat and also have a perfect safety record.

Next, the Tuva river, the 4th largest river in Fiji is not a swamp.It is a prestine river system lined with mangroves full of fish. Local villages and local school children can be seen swim ming and greet our guest with a geniune big BULA smile and a huge wave.

Now for the lovo, I would not be safe or practical to put a whole pig in a lovo. I do not know of any lovo syle meal that has a whole pig because of the shallow pit, not like the Maoris hagi which is deep and cooks for hours.A whole pig cannot be done in a lovo.As for Fijians a whole pig and alfoil what can i say. We own our own butcher shop and supply to all the five stars hotels and we keep the very best for our own guests. On the night in question our meal was roast pork with crackings,roast loin of beef,lovo, steamed greens,carrots and corn,cassava,palusami(fijian spinach in coconut milk),chicken,fish and lots of gravy and freshly baked bread rolls(made of the island) to mop up the juices.

The show which is the highlight of and trip to Fiji. Robinson Crusoe Island is famous for its show and i know why this guest enjoyed it.The smell of the petrol is worth the spectacular fire dance show.A show you cannot do without fuel of the fire sticks.
To finish off we have over 60 guest, all our guest surveys around this night rated us high in fact 10/10.We host around 13,000 guest per year with very few complaints. I was on duty all week and this guest did not make a complaint to me or the tour desk where they purchased the tickets.
Reviewed 3 February 2011

This resort was amazing! The staff were so hilarious and friendly! One day I felt like some coconut water so one of the boys just climbed a palm tree and got a coconut for me! Everyone learns your name the first day you get there so you feel really welcome and at home and they will do anything for you! The weather was unbelievable and the island is just stunning! I would totally recommend this place to anyone and everyone. We never wanted to leave!

• Stayed January 2011
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,493 reviews
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to Robinson Crusoe Island Resort? Share your experiences!