“Enjoyed it!”
Review of Promised Land ZOO

Promised Land ZOO
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 500 rare and endangered animals from all over the world representing 56 species. We have camels, kangaroos, lemurs, buffalo, omnivores, deer and we are home to many rescued large reptiles and tropical birds too! We have just added some cats to our park including Caracals and Servals. There is plenty to see in our 4 mile drive thru and petting zoo with walk thru area too! Come during one of our bottle feeding times and you will get to help our zookeepers bottle feed baby animals! Newly added this past summer we opened a new wing to the Walk Thru to include a Ring-tailed Lemur Exhibit, an American Alligator Pool and the Prarie Dog Town! Open everyday, year-round! Have a bigger family? Promised Land ZOO now offers a special Family Rate that will allow you to bring all the kids you want at a discounted rate (see our website for details).
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My hubby and I enjoyed this zoo. Only thing that happened to us was a big thunderstorm as we started through the park! It made taking photos hard and some of the animals stayed under their shed. Because it was so wet we didn't see the petting part of it.

1  Thank S H

Reviewed 5 September 2011

My friend and I were on our way to another area attraction when we kept seeing signs for a drive thru zoo and we were very curious. When we ended up driving right by it we had to stop. So glad we did! This was probably one of the most entertaining and amazing attractions in the area. It was a little more than we expected to get in, but we went for it anyway. Be sure to purchase large bag or cup of food, you can run out quick! As soon as we drove in animals started walking towards our car. The elk were one of the first animals we encountered, and when you get three large elk standing at the window of your car with their tongues sticking through your window just try not to laugh and enjoy yourself! There were so many antelope and deer, just be prepared for the buffalo. One kind of snuck up on our car and that can make you jump out of your seat. Also be prepared for your car, and quite possibly your hands and arms, to become a bit dirty from animal slobber. Some of the animals have antlers, so don't be surprised if your car does get knocked a couple times by them. The experience can be kind of gross since you are feeding so many animals by hand, but that is also what makes this experience absolutely amazing! You must go if you are in the area!

6  Thank SMO23
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The Ads for this zoo DO NO DO IT JUSTTICE! Have you ever been on a safari? Well I fell like I have at after going to the promised land zoo. They have a great petting zoo for the kids where they can feed the smaller animals – but then you go in your car and drive through the park – where MASSIVE animals stride right up to your car and their gigantic heads are right at your window. Truly a memorable experience!

5  Thank Larry J
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The title because that scary buffalo came to my and waited for me to feed it but I was scared! Lol. He just licked my window until I finally fed him! The best part was driving thru. My husband wanted to see more big and roaring animals but to me the Emu did a good enough job scaring me! It's fun to see them run after you because they know you should have food. Definitely buy a big bag or the cup.. we were hoping for feeding but the baby camel was in an upset mood and wouldn't even go to the worker! Go to it!

Reviewed 21 February 2011

We had an amazing time at Promised Land Zoo! We visited Eureka Springs for the weekend and decided to visit the zoo. The day we were supposed to go on our private tour, our car broke down. We decided to take the taxi to the zoo so that we could still go. It was very expensive for the taxi ride. We really didn't have the money but wanted to go so bad that we made it work. While we were visiting the zoo the owner took us on our tour and when she found out our car had broke down she offered to take us back to our hotel (30 minutes away!!!!) We were so incredibly thankful and took her up on her offer. The owners are genuine Christian people and EXTREMELY friendly! We will definitely be returning! The zoo has a large variety of animals including babies that you can bottle feed (my favorite!) and while we were there we got to hold and play with a baby monkey (best part of it all!!) I just cannot say enough about this place! You can tell that the animals are happy and healthy. The animals don't surround your car like other places I've been, they are very friendly but yet you can still get close enough to feed them out of your hands. I LOVED this place and definitely recommend this as a MUST SEE!

5  Thank kstew0724