“Mainly Deer”
Review of Promised Land ZOO

Promised Land ZOO
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 500 rare and endangered animals from all over the world representing 56 species. We have camels, kangaroos, lemurs, buffalo, omnivores, deer and we are home to many rescued large reptiles and tropical birds too! We have just added some cats to our park including Caracals and Servals. There is plenty to see in our 4 mile drive thru and petting zoo with walk thru area too! Come during one of our bottle feeding times and you will get to help our zookeepers bottle feed baby animals! Newly added this past summer we opened a new wing to the Walk Thru to include a Ring-tailed Lemur Exhibit, an American Alligator Poll and the Prarie Dog Town! Open everyday, year-round! Have a bigger family? Promised Land ZOO now offers a special Family Rate that will allow you to bring all the kids you want at a discounted rate (see our website for details). Also look to our website for personal tour, group tour and special party information. Bottle feedings daily.
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Mainly Deer”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I went hoping to see more animals.....basically deer, 1 llama, and emu that you could feed. Everything else was caged.

Visited October 2011

AR
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Enjoyed it!”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My hubby and I enjoyed this zoo. Only thing that happened to us was a big thunderstorm as we started through the park! It made taking photos hard and some of the animals stayed under their shed. Because it was so wet we didn't see the petting part of it.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank S H
Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My friend and I were on our way to another area attraction when we kept seeing signs for a drive thru zoo and we were very curious. When we ended up driving right by it we had to stop. So glad we did! This was probably one of the most entertaining and amazing attractions in the area. It was a little more than we expected to get in, but we went for it anyway. Be sure to purchase large bag or cup of food, you can run out quick! As soon as we drove in animals started walking towards our car. The elk were one of the first animals we encountered, and when you get three large elk standing at the window of your car with their tongues sticking through your window just try not to laugh and enjoy yourself! There were so many antelope and deer, just be prepared for the buffalo. One kind of snuck up on our car and that can make you jump out of your seat. Also be prepared for your car, and quite possibly your hands and arms, to become a bit dirty from animal slobber. Some of the animals have antlers, so don't be surprised if your car does get knocked a couple times by them. The experience can be kind of gross since you are feeding so many animals by hand, but that is also what makes this experience absolutely amazing! You must go if you are in the area!

Visited September 2011
6 Thank SMO23
Tulsa, OK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The Ads for this zoo DO NO DO IT JUSTTICE! Have you ever been on a safari? Well I fell like I have at after going to the promised land zoo. They have a great petting zoo for the kids where they can feed the smaller animals – but then you go in your car and drive through the park – where MASSIVE animals stride right up to your car and their gigantic heads are right at your window. Truly a memorable experience!

Visited August 2011
5 Thank Larry J
“I give it two BIG licks up!”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The title because that scary buffalo came to my and waited for me to feed it but I was scared! Lol. He just licked my window until I finally fed him! The best part was driving thru. My husband wanted to see more big and roaring animals but to me the Emu did a good enough job scaring me! It's fun to see them run after you because they know you should have food. Definitely buy a big bag or the cup.. we were hoping for feeding but the baby camel was in an upset mood and wouldn't even go to the worker! Go to it!