“Animal Safari in Eagle Rock”
Review of Promised Land ZOO

Promised Land ZOO
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 500 rare and endangered animals from all over the world representing 56 species. We have camels, kangaroos, lemurs, buffalo, omnivores, deer and we are home to many rescued large reptiles and tropical birds too! We have just added some cats to our park including Caracals and Servals. There is plenty to see in our 4 mile drive thru and petting zoo with walk thru area too! Come during one of our bottle feeding times and you will get to help our zookeepers bottle feed baby animals! Newly added this past summer we opened a new wing to the Walk Thru to include a Ring-tailed Lemur Exhibit, an American Alligator Poll and the Prarie Dog Town! Open everyday, year-round! Have a bigger family? Promised Land ZOO now offers a special Family Rate that will allow you to bring all the kids you want at a discounted rate (see our website for details). Also look to our website for personal tour, group tour and special party information. Bottle feedings daily.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This petting and drive through ZOO is a MUST see for anyone traveling through or residing in the Eagle Rock/Eureka Springs area. I live close by and visit the zoo every time visitors or grand kids come to stay. The petting zoo is hilarious as we feed animal treats to goats, deer, camels, Imus, and even pigs. My 6 year old granddaughter just was thrilled feeding the camel, remarking on the camel's long eyelashes! But the most fun is always the drive through zoo. The animals (large variety of antelope, exotic deer etc) come right up to the car for treats. Even buffalo come for a treat, sticking out their black tongue to grab a treat. Recently they have a crazy funny llama who stands in front of the car until you give in and give him a treat. I have not laughed so hard in years, trying to outsmart a llama! The natural habitat is breathtaking, seeing herds of wild life grazing, running together. I find it incredible that the small country town of Eagle Rock has such an attraction as the Promise Land Zoo. It is so worth the additional drive for anyone visiting Branson. And after your zoo trip, you are minutes away from Eureka Springs attractions and Roaring River State Park to make a full day of adventure.

1  Thank dnpcheryl

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a drive thru wildlife park where the animals come up to your car and you get to feed them treats. They mostly have deer, but we also saw llamas (watch out, they bite!), zebra, camels, ostriches, emu, and buffalo. Some of the animals (like the zebra and camels) are behind fences but you can drive up close enough to throw some food to them. I appreciated the spiritual aspect of this park, as there are signs with scriptures on them as you drive thru. I thought that was a nice reminder that these are God's creations.

2  Thank CassieD84
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was an amazing find if you have kids or grandkids. It's an easy 10 mile drive north of Eureka and worth the time. It's a drive through zoo and the animals come to the window. The drive through took us about 50 minutes and our 3 1/2 year old grandson LOVED it! So did his dad..... They don't have big cats, elephants, etc, but lots of animals that come to the car for feeding. At the end you do a petting zoo and the kids can touch most of the animals. It seems to be a well run operation but is a little expensive. We had 2 seniors, 2 adults, and a 3 year old in the car. With a couple of buckets of food (you need this) it was a little over $70. However, the grandson had at least that much fun. I recommend this exhibit to you.

2  Thank rhowell92
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The Promised Land Zoo is a pretty surreal place. One minute you're in the middle of the winding hills of the Ozarks, the next minute you find yourself rolling through a herd of zebras with ostriches chasing your car and buffalo eyeing you. The zoo has big cats, monkeys, and all sorts of other animals you wouldn't expect to find in rural southern Missouri. The Promised Land Zoo was a gem of an experience, and something I would recommend to anybody.

3  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

What a great experience! I loved, loved, loved every minute of it. I can't believe people complain about the smell in the gift shop- yes, it is noticible if you don't live around animals but they have exhibitions there- bunnies, snakes, iguanas, etc- of course, there will be a little smell. I am also surprised that people complain about animals being behind fence- come on!
Overall, all three of us loved it from start to finish. Seeing the face of my two year old when the animals come up asking for food- priceless. Llamas, deer, emu were pretty persistent! But so much fun!
The only disappointment that I had was the petting zoo- almost empty: goats, miniature horses, 3 llamas. Many animals were taken to the Branson location is what we were told. And since we live in Branson, we will definitely be visiting that zoo soon.
Overall, again, BEST $40 spent in a long time. Great family time. We didn't feel rushed, took tons of pictures, and had a blast! Thank you for such great opportunity! We will be back!

4  Thank anyutaaz2009