“Its Ok, but we were a little disappointed.”
Review of Promised Land ZOO

Promised Land ZOO
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 500 rare and endangered animals from all over the world representing 56 species. We have camels, kangaroos, lemurs, buffalo, omnivores, deer and we are home to many rescued large reptiles and tropical birds too! We have just added some cats to our park including Caracals and Servals. There is plenty to see in our 4 mile drive thru and petting zoo with walk thru area too! Come during one of our bottle feeding times and you will get to help our zookeepers bottle feed baby animals! Newly added this past summer we opened a new wing to the Walk Thru to include a Ring-tailed Lemur Exhibit, an American Alligator Poll and the Prarie Dog Town! Open everyday, year-round! Have a bigger family? Promised Land ZOO now offers a special Family Rate that will allow you to bring all the kids you want at a discounted rate (see our website for details). Also look to our website for personal tour, group tour and special party information. Bottle feedings daily.
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 237 helpful votes
“Its Ok, but we were a little disappointed.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We drove almost 2 hours out of the way to get here, and had high expectations based on all the stellar reviews.
It wasn't bad....we had fun....but a little disappointed in the size of the petting zoo and that there are pretty much only deer, llamas, and emus to feed on the drive through. Credit to them though, they have a good variety of animals and they all look quite healthy, but nearly all of them are fenced in. I suppose it does offer an easier path than a traditional zoo in that you get to stay in your air conditioned vehicle, but frankly.....you get closer to the unique varieties of animals at a normal zoo.

Pricing seemed a but high, it can't be cheap to maintain all that land and all those animals.....just feel that it might have been a bit steep when you add in all the feed, etc.

Don't want to leave a bad impression of the place, again, we had fun and laughs.....just felt that it was not as awesome as the other reviews made it to be.

Visited September 2013
Promised Land Z, General Manager at Promised Land ZOO, responded to this review, 4 October 2013

We're sorry that you didn't enjoy our park to its fullest! We specialize in letting people get up close and personal with over 40 species of animals from around the world! There is a distinct benefit over visiting a "normal" zoo and visiting the Promised Land Zoo and that is that you DO get to actually feed and pet numerous animals! We have a 4 mile drive through where many of the animals come right up to your car and you can feed them. They include various species of deer, bison, elk, emu, ducks and llamas. Through the rest of the drive through, you can toss feed through the fence for antelope, kangaroos, zebra, camels, ostrich and many other species.

Our petting zoo area features many animals that are safe for contact including baby camels, llamas, goats, deer, baby animals, and bottle babies that you can bottle feed at specific times. The petting zoo area also has numerous other exhibits like the Tropical Bird Aviary, where a dozen rescued tropical birds reside, Lemur exhibit, Prairie Dog Town, Rescued Tortoises and also an Alligator Pool. The petting zoo/and other exhibits in on nearly 10 acres!

We do thank you for your review and hope to see you again!

Laura Remenar
Director
Promised Land Zoos

Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I can die at peace now that I have experianced the Promised Land Zoo”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've been to many a zoo in my day; some were great, others... not so great. As much as I love the zoo experience there is always a slight pang of guilt when I see the animals. They are well cared for, but often seem listless or unhappy. I always figured this was just a sad fact of the zoo, until now. Promised Land Zoo is like nothing I've ever seen before. The animals here aren't attractions, they're your best friend! I like to think this was due to my amazing grace and charm and the fact that I had a bucket of food was just an added incentive. Many of the animals roam free, and those that do not, you can stand close enough to touch. They're accustomed to human presence, friendly and each carry their own unique personality (something I don't think you'll ever find at any other zoo). The staff make you feel welcome and at home and carry a seemingly endless supply of fascinating facts and amusing anecdotes. This is the Mount Olympus of zoos. All other zoos tremble before its awesome might.

3 Thank Eric S
Prairie Village, Kansas, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Have to try it at least once”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We really didn't know what to expect but from the reviews thought we would give it a try. Our young boys (2 & 5) both had a good time as well as my wife and I. Even though the total cost seemed high, it wasnt really a typical zoo so we really didn't mind it in the end because you really don't get this expereince anywhere else.

1 Thank J0hn_P1
Blue Eye, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It doesn't get better than this zoo”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We took a group of 8 family members to Promised Land Zoo last week. It was over-the-top wonderful! Our group ranged in ages 3 to 83 and everyone had a wonderful time. Someone even mentioned she wouldn't be able to take her kids to other zoos because it doesn't get better than this one!
We plan on making more trips back there as they add to their list of animals.

1 Thank Louanne D
Kansas City, MO
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Watch out for that llama!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This was great fun! It is a drive thru park where animals come right up to your vehicle. We saw a wide variety of animals and it was a good value for the price. We did an add-on after going through the Branson location. Feed was just over $8 for a large bucket and I would recommend having some because of the llama they call "Detour". This crazy animal is so smart and just stood in front of our car blocking the way until we threw food out the window! He was good for some laughs. My daughter loved it although she got a bit tweaked out by their proximity! Petting zoo signs were not correct and we never did find the "nursery". Great time and nice people. Very large Bible verses posted throughout but not much of a turnoff for this atheist. I would love to come back with my mom!

Visited August 2013