“Best stay ever”

Candlewood Suites St. Louis
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Earth City
“Best stay ever”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I loved my stay here the cupboard was convenient. The rooms was cleaned and staff was great very welcoming. I would stay again when I come to the area. If your looking for a place where the people greet you and clean hotel and slience this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I always stay at Candlewood Suites in Earth City. Year after year it never disappoints.

It's clean, modern and well equipped with a two burner stove, fridge, coffee and all the fixin's I need to cook a meal.

The staff is always friendly and helpful, the bed is cozy comfy and the decor is outstanding.

Keep rating it a 2-star so that it will stay secluded and beautiful.

Room Tip: The studio suites are excellent!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This is a little late. But we stayed for about a week. The way the suite we had was set up was perfect! Bed was so comfortable! The living area was cozy and kitchenette so handy forfood we could snack on sowe didnt have to eat out! We will be back!!!!!!!!! The rates were great!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 1_Bound_to_Travel
Indianapolis
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed here 4 nights in May and found the room comfortable and convenient. The room A/C is a little noisy but I left the fan on constantly as I slept to cover any noises from the refrigerator, hallway and outside. The staff was very friendly and willing to help in any way. The location is in a fairly new business park near the I-70 & I-270 interchange and 10 minutes from STL airport. There are a couple fast food restaurants nearby but you have to drive 1-2 miles to get to a full-service restaurant. If you bring your own food, you can cook using the microwave and rangetop or you may use the gas-fired grills available near the entrance to the parking area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of wings are for smokers so there may be a bit of odor the closer you are to them.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Missouri
Reviewed 12 April 2013

When I checked the staff was super sweet they went out of their way to answer all of my questions and provided the best service. Candlewood made me feel home away from home. The staff were friendly and always smiling. We would definitely recommend this property to everyone we know that is traveling thru the Saint Louis area. Great work out facility and even a little store what more could you ask for. All of the rooms are newly remodeled, spacious and very clean. My kids said watching tv at Candlewood reminded them of being at the movie theater.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Troy, IL
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We tried 3 different rooms before we left. We decided driving the rest of the way home would be better than staying here.
Room #1: the toilet backed up. When we called the front desk, the manager on duty asked us to come get a plunger. Let me say we did not back the toilet up- it was someone else's poo causing the problem. When we said we would not plunge a strangers poo, we were asked to move rooms due to a lack of staffing
Room #2: to make the move easier on us, they gave us a room right next door to the first. When we walked in, it was filthy. the bed was unmade, dirty clothes were on the floor, the ironing board was in th middle of the room. We went back to the front desk and told the man was we found and he told us we were wrong it was clean. We insisted on another room (we are now late for my Surprise Birthday Party my husband had planned and he had to tell me why it was so important for us to leave right away)
Room #3: the door would not open. It felt like the deadbolt was engaged.

We were extremely frustrated. What was supposed to be a long overdue night out, ended up a ridiculous practice of walking around a hotel with bags in hand and no clean rooms to be found. We ended up leaving and not coming back. We had a great time celebrating my birthday and decided to make the hour drive back hometo prevent any further issues at this disaster of a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doolsmommie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Louis, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear doolsmommie,

Thank you for your review, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of our rooms. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the departments concerned to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I am a long time ICH Platinum member.When I checked in, I was given a first floor room right across from the gym. I asked for another room and was told there was none available. I booked and paid for my room well in advance of my stay, so one would think one of the hotel's best customers would have been preassigned a better toom. Instead, I got the pleasure of hearing people in the hallway until early in the morning and then noise from the gym starting at 6am. To add insult to injury, at check in , I was given a scratch off card that got me 1,000 bonus Priority Club points. I turned the card in when I checked out and was told that the points would be posted in a day or two. That was three weeks ago and I am still waiting.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms Near the Entrance and Gym
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Louis, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Dear Scott W,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day we were not able to meet your expectations especially with the room allocation and poor customer service received from our hotel. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best resource of improving our services.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and we are grateful that you brought this matter into our attention. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future and provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
#2 of 5 in Earth City
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Residence Inn St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#15 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City

Been to Candlewood Suites St. Louis? Share your experiences!