Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
US$104
US$97
US$149
US$139
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport(Maryland Heights)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$118
US$115
US$56
US$53
Motel 6
  • Pool
US$166
All reviewsearly flightnice hotelmiles down the roadspringhill suites next doorno exceptionbusiness hotelst louis airportking bedpark and flygood sizeup to dateparking lotindoor poolhollywood casinofitness centerhotel roomlobby
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Room 253...stay away from that room and apparently a number of others. Toilet bowl: The between-flush level is so high that any use will result in wet hands; males get other parts dunked. The immediate solution for the surprised user is to create some "stand-off distance" between the seat and user's bottom. Good luck! The reception desk's response to a report of the situation was that the toilets came from the manufacturer that way and there is nothing they can do to remedy the problem. Wrong, maddening answer. Here is a better response: "We have identified each affected room and are discontinuing their use until the toilets can be swapped out." To know there is a problem and to not do something to correct it while letting patrons discover the issue the unpleasant way, is galling. It amounts to hiding from the problem by sticking your head in the sand. Better bring your water wings if this hotel is your choice for now.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nathan W, Manager at Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to give feedback about your stay. I sincerely apologize about the inconvenience of the hardware in your bathroom and the way your concerns were handled with our front desk staff. I passed this information along to our Chief Engineer so he can identify the source of the problem and get any toilets with this issue either fixed or replaced. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have any more concerns with your stay. I, again, would like to thank you for your stay with us, and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

While the lobby has been updated to match the new Courtyard Layout, the rest of the property is long in the tooth. I stayed here a couple of years ago and the rooms have not improved which is disappointing. I would highly recommend asking for rooms facing away from the highway, because if you don't, I guarantee you a tough night of sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kristy H, Manager at Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Trip Advisor. We are always looking for feedback on how we can improve for our guests.

We are currently working very closely with Marriott and the owners to get our rooms renovated in 2014. I do apologize you were unable to get a good night sleep.

SIncerely,

Kristy Hess, Operations Manager, Earth City Courtyard

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family of four stayed here last summer, just for one night, for a very quick trip into town to see a show and attend a party afterward. We were at the hotel for maybe a total of 10 hours, so I really didn't have much experience with it, but it was fine for a quick stay. When I was returning by myself this time for two nights, after dropping my daughter off for a weekend-long rehearsal, I was pleased to see that this hotel was available, and that the room rate was very reasonable. It's a little off the beaten path -- about 30 minutes northwest from downtown -- but is close to two highways, so is easily accessible by car, and is fairly close to the airport for air travelers.

Everything was great, from the check-in experience (Sofia, who greeted me warmly and upgraded me to a King Suite, probably because I arrived very late at night and she had one available, which I thought was a very nice touch!) to housekeeping (Magdalena, who left me a lovely note as thanks for the small tip I left).

Of course the room was great, with lots of space to spread out, but there were some other nice touches that I appreciated: Parking was easy, close, and free, and there were several entrances so I could always park close to a door. There were elevators at each end of the building, and I liked having the choice of which to use depending on where I was coming from. There was a nice little courtyard in the back that I could walk through as I exited to the parking lot. Since the Saturday I was there was a warm, spring-like day, I did this a couple times and it was a nice little pleasant addition to my stay. Courtyard provides free wifi access, which is one of the reasons I usually choose it over the regular Marriott brand. I didn't eat at the hotel this time, but it has the usual Courtyard cafe with eat-in or grab-and-go breakfast and cocktails. And best of all, it was very quiet. I know there were other guests across the hall from me because I saw their "do not disturb" tags on their door handles (which, by the way, are very cute with clever sayings on them like, "I'm good to go") but I never saw or heard anyone else around me.

The only glitch came at check-out, when I pulled out my iPad to show my e-gift card, the equivalent of a plastic Marriott gift card but delivered via email, that I've purchased for several years through our school's scrip (not for profit fundraising) program. The desk clerk hadn't seen one of these before, so she asked another employee if she needed a paper print-out. I explained to her that no, I'd used these many times at many Marriott properties, and was never asked for this. But the other employee (somewhat officiously) insisted that I did need to print it "for their records." I stood my ground, explained that this was the equivalent of a plastic gift card, which they would not confiscate "for their records" if that was what I had presented to them, and pointed out that the whole point of an e-card was to provide a paperless payment method.

Eventually the officious one backed down, and the original clerk processed my payment without incident. I'll chalk this up to a couple well-meaning but inexperienced employees, shake it off, and still give the hotel an excellent rating, as everything else was just perfect.

I'm in St. Louis occasionally, and will definitely check this hotel first when making plans for my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

New lobby is modern and spacious. Rooms are tired and worn. This loc. Has rec'd the lobby makeover but my room was dated and worn out. Bedding was new, however.

The shower in my room had only a hand wand which when mounted was only chest high. Ughh. The carpet was worn, decor sparse. Rooms need update investment. Pics uploaded of sore spots.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kristy H, Manager at Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for providing feedback as well as pictures from your recent stay with us. We are always looking for feedback on how we can improve for our guests. I have passed along the information to our maintanence team to address the issues you experienced during your stay.
We are working closely with Marriott and our owners to get our rooms renovated.

Kristy Hess
Operations Manager
Earth City Courtyard

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel was clean inside and out. The staff was fantastic. They helped me with every request that I had whether it was big or small. The server at breakfast was very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about the food. However, the room was a little disappointing compared to other Marriott hotels that we've stayed in. The bed was uncomfortable, rough towels, and no channel list for tv.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Kristy H, Manager at Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Earth City Courtyard. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable.

We are currently in the process of upgrading our towels. I do apologize you didn't get any of our new towels during your stay. I will mention to housekeeping to check and make sure that tv channel listings are in all of the guestbooks.

Kristy Hess, Operations Manager, Earth City Courtyard