All reviewsamericas best value inndonutscontinental breakfastplace to staybed was comfortablepool and hot tubking suiteyogurtmotelmicrowavemissouriozarksosagefurniture
Reviewed 24 May 2015

This was the only hotel in the area.... I should have gone back down the highway! It took forever to get hot water to take a shower, computer operated at "dial-up" speed - excruciatingly slow. The carpet made me nervous enough that I kept my shoes on. Breakfast is from 6-10 but eat early because the pickings are slim if you don't!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

After looking online, I figured this would be a good place to stay and it had a pool that someone in our group was looking for. the pool had a lot to be desired. It was cold, and highly chlorinated almost over chlorinated. I could see it also needed repairs in some areas. The staff was not that all friendly and only found one person, a young man that smile and was cheerful. The continental breakfast that they had was not all that great we only had it once and decided to eat at the restaurant nearby which was a better choice. the room had stained furniture the carpet didn't look all that clean I was kind of disappointed because I read reviews that were positive in only a few that were non-positive. it was a place to stay that's about it but I won't be picking this hotel if we come back to the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Was going down for a wedding and this was the closest to the venue and had booked early since we knew Bikefest was the same weekend. I had booked at a higher rate then found the bride had made a deal on a block of rooms so I called and spoke with the hotel staff to book at the wedding guest rate. I was told to be sure to cancel the previous reservation and that she had me booked in the block of rooms for the wedding. I arrived and they could NOT find a reservation for me! They did find a room for us but the heat did not work and there was an electrical problem with the light and wall socket so I called the office and the woman said that the room had been marked *Do Not Rent* but she saw nothing wrong when she looked in and thus put us there. We asked for a different roomand were told they had no other rooms on the 1st floor so it was either a room with a King bed and a pull out sofa or the second floor to another double queen room. We asked to speak to a manager and was told there was no manager..I recently had a fall and was dealing with a back and foot injury but not wanting to share a bed with my friend nor wanting to sleep on an uncomfortable pull out sofa we opted for the second floor but there is NO elevator so despite my injury we repacked and lugged our stuff to the second floor. Unpon arrival in that room we found the television was not working but a woman other than the one we spoke to earlier showed up and said she was the Manager and she was able to get the TV working. My friend explained that the woman we spoke to earlier did not seem to know what she was doing and had been rude. She also asked was there going to be any compensation for all the trouble of having to repack and struggle up and down from the second floor after having to repack and move after having been put in a room that was marked *Do Not Rent* yet she put us in there anyway. The managers response was that we would NOT be given any compensation since we already had gotten a *Good Deal* because of being with the wedding! After 2 days of making trips up and down those stairs I have been in even more pain than I was when I arrived! Thanks ABVI for being so considerate! NOT!!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014

They had already put my dad's oxygen condenser in the handicap room that we had booked online. They fixed a wobbly toilet seat and were very friendly. Great customer service and would highly recommend!

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room at this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caina M
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Me and three of my girls friends stayed one night for a "girls night in". Hotel staff was helpful getting us into two rooms one smoking one nonsmoking.

Complaint 1: the smoking room was so heavily smelly I wish I would have chose a non smoking room and just went outside.

Complaint 2: the beds are very firm which I was not too keen on but I slept decent

Complaint 3: the a/c was not on so it was terribly stuffy in the room but once the air got going it got pretty darn col in their.

After dinner and the lake shopping we decided to hit the pool and found it though be small the water was ice cold perfect for a hot summer day. They provide towels at pool side with A vending machine and A soda machine just outside the pool. Pool is about 5ft at one end. Hot tub in the corner that was amazing! Not too hot not too cool. We all four enjoyed it!

Complaint 1: the one soda machine, one snack machine, and one ice machine are all on one end of the building and we were on the complete opposite.

Complaint 2: the pool later at the deep end of the pool should have 2 steps but instead only has 1 still do able but still.

Then up to the room to shower. One room had three towels and one had four so inconsistencies are noted. I called down and was promptly brought up 4 more towels. The other room did the same later that night and was given two more towels and was told that's all they had.

I also noticed the smoking room had two small pillows per bed. The non smoking room had four. Mini fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in room were sufficient. Everything worked but some minor tweaks would be nice. However do NOT get your cell phone too close to your card key or it will get erased (found out the hard way).

Overall I would stay again but would love a few changes.

• Stayed: August 2014