I arrived on my scheduled day and time to any empty lodge to find an envelope with my room key and an apology that no-one was there at my arrival. I naively assumed someone would be there later and went to a wonderful bluegrass concert near by. I came back at 9 PM and was locked out of the building. I had to call a number on the door and then wait a half hour (sitting locked in my car- as the area is quite isolated) for a landscaper with a key to come let me in. I was traveling alone- and there was no one else in the building- including no staff. If I had known somewhere else to go, I would have left then. I spent the night in my room with a light on and my phone in hand- anxious at any creaking noise and hardly able to sleep. I sent in an evaluation with my concerns at not being notified beforehand there would be no-one else in the buillding. When I received a call back from the manager, instead of concern for what I went through, I was made to feel that:
1. I should have known "a lodge would have no staff in the building overnight"- I have stayed at many lodges and this has never been the case.
2. It was no big deal for a lone woman to be staying in an empty lodge-"no-one has ever complained about this before."
3. It was my own fault I got locked out- I was told I must have "hit the lock on the way out." If this were so it must be very flimsy, as all I did was walk out of the building.
The lodge looks like it could be a nice place, and the room was clean (although I agree with a prior reviewer that the sheets were threadbare). But clearly there is a serious problem with the present management.
I wish I had looked at Trip Advisor before my trio- it looks like there are several bed and breakfasts nearby where I would have a much more pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cedar Stone Lodge is nestled in the beautiful town of Eminence, MO, amongst beautiful crystal clear rivers. It is a wonderful place for weddings, family, and church gatherings. Ideal for family reunions and small conferences. Whether it is a beautiful rustic wedding, a smashing graduation party, or a team-building company retreat, the Cedar Stone Lodge is the perfect setting. Please note: Cedar Stone Lodge caters to events, and requires a minimum booking of 10 or more people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Cedar Stone Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Stone Lodge Eminence, Missouri