“Good Food!”

Poor Richards Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
MO
“Good Food!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We enjoy eating here whenever we're in town. Excellent wings and burgers. Not a lot of healthy options, but it IS a bar and grill. On our latest visit, we had a party of 6... three adults and three kids.

I enjoyed the wings with ranch dressing (my usual) and my husband decided to try the burger with swiss and mushrooms... very good. My normally picky daughter loves their chili and my other daughter loves the club sandwich.

Service is alright, but it depends on if they're busy. They seem to always be very accommodating.

• Visited July 2013

St. Louis
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've never had a bad experience at Poor Richards. I often go in late at night, and even though I know they're probably not happy to see me within an hour of closing, the waitresses are always friendly and make sure that our party is taken care of. It's always clean, and even though it's a bar and restaurant the bar is never obnoxiously loud. Best of all, the food is freaking good! Big portions and very tasty. They have a wing special that's a salad (their ranch is incredibly good), a big helping of wings, and garlic bread for $10. Considering that wings alone at Friday's are $10, it's a great deal. I've also used Poor Richards catering services and they're great to work with and reasonable. I don't have a bad thing to say about them!

Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fabulous wings!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was the first time I've been there. Heard about the wings and soo glad that we got them! That was the only thing that we all ate, but I would definitely recommend them for their chicken wings.
The restaurant definitely needs a makeover. Very outdated and things were torn and broken.
The atmosphere thumbs down the chicken wings....wonderful!

• Visited March 2013
Missouri
“Great time but EXPENSIVE”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Enjoyed our experience here until receiving bill. Okay, I know, look at the prices! Substitued onion rings $1 upcharge. Really for 6 onion rings. Did not see it on menu and waitress did not mention either. Added cheese to the MAIN burger $1 upcharge. Mentions this way at the bottom of the menu (again waitress did not tell us). Even charged extra $1 on small kids burgers. Have a great deal on 50 wings $35 add $1 get a pitcher of beer. Waitress gave us our choices and we chose Bud Select. No mention of upcharge (she was unaware of the extra charge). Charged us $1.50 more ($36.50). She sends manager over who "understands". I will take the blame on burgers and onion rings (although would not have substitued or had cheese had I known about it). Beer was supposed to be $.50 more. Manager would refund us (already paid by card) $1. Told him not to bother. Offered a token for discount next visit. I live over an hour away. Brought our family of 6 after a visit to Santa's Magical Kingdom. Meal was incredibly expensive and he kept blaming it on the waitress (what an jerk). I will say the restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the employees (except manager) were very nice. Would I go back??? Maybe as a couple because food was pretty good. Would NEVER take whole family again.

• Visited December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Try the ranch dressing!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Best ranch dressing ever! Good wings and sandwiches and always a nice crowd of people. Never know who you might see there. Service is pretty good and good value for your dollar.

Visited October 2012