“Location Closed”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
“Location Closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Location closed last Fall for renovations and as of 3/30/14 still has not reopened. Doesn't appear anything has been done. Looks like location is closed for good.

Visited March 2014

Bonne Terre, Missouri, United States
“Great Ribeye's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

This place has great steaks and a super Buffet! It is in Arnold, Mo. we stop there whenever we are close like within 20mi of it we kinda go out of our way to go there! However they are Super ! The place is extremely clean, nice people and Great food you can't do no better than that, Well sure you can they are very economical on their prices plus they give Seniors a discount! Now that's worth living longer for! Just be careful and pace yourselves or you won't have room for your Steak, the Buffet is a killer but they understand and will even box up your steak so you can eat it later! I love this place!

Visited July 2013
MO
“Ok... If You're Not Expecting Much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We decided to stop here on our way home from St. Louis after my husband and the kids had gone to Six Flags. This is probably our third time eating here... it's nice if you have kids to have a little variety...

First, let me say that this was the most disappointed I have ever been in this particular restaurant... but it may be due to the fact that we visited on Father's Day. The restaurant was 1/2 full when we arrived and my husband decided to go for the sirloin tips and buffet while I went for a sirloin steak. We were seated and got our food from the buffet - the labeling above the food was incorrect. The salad fixings were good... fried chicken was tasty... but I was a bit disappointed in the other "home cooked" stuff - they had beans and some stewed tomatoes, but it wasn't that great... my kids filled up on macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets which was fine for them! The desert bar had stale cinnamon rolls on it and there was a lot of stuff missing...

Our main problem was the wait... we were seated far ahead of three or four families who got their special orders wwwaaayyyy before us. It was disappointing to wait, as we had a long trip ahead of us to get back home. So, after approximately 35 minutes for our steaks, we just had them box them up and we took them home.

Our server, Danielle, was a great server... you can tell she cared, but she seemed a tad flustered and busy.

Overall, not our best visit here... we may give it a shot again...

• Visited June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Food Sits Out For Hours and Hours - YUK!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I used to work at Ponderosa (back in the late 70's). I can tell you that the food quality of the Ponderosa back then (very good) is completely different from the quality of food now (very poor). The service at the Ponderosa, Eureka, MO was very good. The cashier was cheerful and so were the servers. No problems there at all. The restaraunt was clean - again, no issues with that. The food though, was awful. The lasagna, taco meat, chicken, rice, etc. were crusted over because they had been under hot lights and sitting there for hours. There is NO WAY I would have served the macaroni and cheese to any child. The salad items were OK. The baked potato was the "highlight" as it was edible. The center cut sirloin was awful. I will never go back.

• Visited June 2013
Mattoon
“Discounted meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Six Flags season pass holders get a discount. For the price, its a fairly good place to eat especially if you have picky kids.

Visited March 2013