“Disappointing”

Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The rooms are okay, pretty small and dated. The pool was a HUGE disappointment - the kids didn't even want to go in - the water is like bath temperature. When I asked about it they said the keep the pool between 88 and 90 degrees -and noted it is only.about 10 degrees below the hot tub. Great proximity to six flags but don't expect much otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear OhMadPioneer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the pool. We will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed here for 1 night on a whim to take the kids to Six Flags as a treat. When I made the reservation I had no idea that the standard room was in an out building / motel style. The room that we had was very outdated and the doorway had a crack in it that was large enough to let vermin through if they wanted to get in. The restaurant was THE WORST that I've ever had and when the server asked me how my meal was and I told her that I didn't like it she told me that was too bad. I ordered a breakfast to go to bring back to my husband and there was a bug in the drink that he ordered. Again nothing other than an offer of another drink from the wait staff. The counter in the pool area was really just as bad food wise and in my opinion overpriced for what they had to offer. I would not let my kids in the pool area as the smell of chlorine was so powerful that you could taste it in your mouth and your eyes burned being there. My husband commented that the pool area reminded him of the Vacation movie and he was right - it looked just like it. This place probably only gets by on it's location and is not at all concerned with updating it's look.

Basically I would never recommend this hotel to anyone for the free shuttle they offer it's not worth it. You would be better off shelling out the $18 or $25 to park at the gate and drive 5 or 10 minutes to a decent hotel. This was more of a rip off than anything and while we loved Six Flags staying here put a bit of a damper on the weekend.

Room Tip: If you want a better room I would suggest going on the Six Flags web site and choosing a different h...
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Our Stay @ The Holiday Inn @ six Flags Was Great. the rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly, it had an arcade room, a pool, a sauna, 2 fitness rooms, and a jet hot tub.

if we ever had to comeback to St Louis I would Totaly Reccomend This Holiday inn, It Is The best!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We have stayed here when we went to Six Flags. This hotel is dated, but is okay. I would have expected it to be extremely updated and nice for the price. The restaurant on the premises was HORRIBLE, from the service to the taste. We literally waited over 2 1/2 hours for our food. There were several people that came and went as we still waited. The manager claimed our waitress was new and didn't know what she was doing. They were also out of salad, which was supposed to come with our meals. The manager tried to compensate for our time, which was offering us a free dessert, which the first thing we picked, they were also out of! I would look into staying somewhere else next time if it offers free shuttle to Six Flags...

Room Tip: Be sure to take alot of extra money. The restaurant is very expensive and there are video games and...
1  Thank D M
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed two nights in March for a conference. Andrew at the front desk was very informated and nice. Had a nice smile and answered all my questions. The rooms are nice, kind of small, but clean and comfortable. The staff throughout the weekend were very helpful!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The hotel was outdated, but the STAFF was very helpful, And if you are going to Six Flags. It will save you 18.00 a day for the parking, because of the shuttle bus. And the pool area was nice, and gameroom area. Overall hotel not bad but for the money you pay for the rooms, need remodeling.

Room Tip: i would prefer a room by the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank pam p
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel because of the shuttle to six flags as it would save us around $40.00 for parking. We were told that kids could eat free at the hotel restrauant. Well the restraunt food wasn't that great and we had to wait over an hour to get our food. Our room was a pool view room. My kids thought this was great, but when it was bedtime it was still rather noisey. Our toilet would not flush, I had to chase down a person from housekeeping to get more towels (after I left the old ones by the door). These rooms do not have microwaves or refridgerators. So I had to pay an extra 10 bucks for a fridge. The vending machines took our money. We used the on site laundry facility and it took over an hour for our small load of clothes to dry. Our bed frame in our room almost took out my entire family. It was sticking out so far that my husband and two kids all were cut up by it. Oh and our last night there the fire alarms kept going off. We will not stay here again. WAY OVERPRICED!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The shuttle was great and we were able to purchase our six flags tickets here! :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hlucius
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
The Wildwood Hotel
The Wildwood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wildwood
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags? Share your experiences!