Let me start by saying we have wanted to stay here for years. After all the renovations we booked it. The staff is AMAZING!! Clayton and (I can't remember his name but he had gages in his ears) Were SOOO nice, friendly, helpful and alway always greeted us with a smile and a gesture! Check in was fast and we got to our room. It was great but the view was of the AC units on top of the hotel. We loved our first night. We spent a couple hours in rocking chairs looking at the pretty grounds behind the hotel. We ate dinner in the Tavern which was very quiet and the service Superb! The second day we spent at the pool then to the spa. I had reflexology which ended up being pressure point so not at all what I wanted. The grotto is nice but there was a group of women chatting and laughing loud and non-stop so not very relaxing. Evening was a joke. All of the grounds behind the hotel were marked off for 3 weddings. The lobby was beyond noisy and very crowded. Kids running and screaming, photo booths set up. It was like the other guests(like us) did not matter. The Tavern from the night before was now Blasting AC/DC and dirty tables all over. We did sit down but could not hear each other talk so we left and went to the main bar. Casey and Patrick made our night!! Very personable and service was excellent. There were only 2 tables eating in the main dinning room. It is VERY expensive so we stuck to the bar menu and food was very good. When we checked out the next day I mentioned how we were disappointed that we could not access the grounds, the noise ect from all the weddings and the gal told me "next time ask what is going on here before you book!" Seriously?? I guess the money from the weddings meant a lot more than my money. I would NOT go back on a weekend with 80 weddings a year. Also if you plan to use the spa book as far in advance as possible! It was fully booked weeks before we even went. I kept checking and we got in on a cancellation. The grotto is not worth 55.00 alone. Get a service done and you get it included. Also this is not a place for children. And the AC in the room is LOUD!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is more than just an escape from the everyday.It’s an ageless journey to a place where life moves alittle slower. And now, our renovated hotel and spabring The Elms into an entirely new age. It’s thesame old charm, newly appointed. So be our guest.Experience this iconic hotel anew, rejuvenate at thespa and explore charming Excelsior Springs. Wethink you’ll find it to your liking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort