We attended a beautiful wedding reception at the hotel - this was our reason for staying. There were two wedding receptions going on at the same time, I felt that staff did their best to accommodate both parties. There was a lot of noise and people mingling in the lobby/bar area from the weddings as described in the last review, but we were not bothered by it at all - I think this is to be expected when you are also a wedding venue.. Everyone was getting along just fine, we didn't have or witness any problems. The guests were a mix of young adults, families with children and ladies on a weekend getaway. After dancing all night, we were able to swim in the outdoor pool until midnight! Once we returned to our suite, no noise could be heard. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. We had a Parlor Suite on the 5th floor which was a two-room suite with a private bedroom and a jacuzzi tub that fit one person. The king-sized bed had a memory foam mattress & feather pillows. We loved the architecture and charm this hotel offered. The hotel offered a ghost tour at 10pm (not sure if this was free?)
Being on the 5th (top) floor had extra perks like a nice meeting area with sofas and a large dining table. The wedding party booked the entire 5th floor and were able to have cocktails here in the evening and continental breakfast the following morning. (awesome perk!)
Property Info: There is a garden with gazebo and walking trails. Two pools - one inside, one outside with large separate jacuzzi. The indoor pool was kind of like a lazy river/lap pool that the kids seemed to enjoy. The spa looked very intriguing, though we did not visit it. They had a little cafe in the lobby and full service restaurant that offered dinner and a breakfast buffet.
We had a great time at this hotel and will definitely return. It is a wonderful wedding reception site if you are looking for one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic destination for than more 125 years, The Elms Hotel & Spa is renowned for its beautifully appointed Excelsior Springs accommodations, lavish amenities, lovely grounds and standard-setting service. Throughout its storied history, The Elms has been frequented by celebrities, politicians, and notorious persons alike, earning international fame and establishing itself as an integral part of Excelsior Springs history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort