I really want this hotel to succeed. My niece lives in this town and it could be a real draw for tourists and hopefully encourage business in the downtown area. However, this hotel could use a little improvement. Upon checkout the front desk told me I would be e-mailed an evaluation form. Since that hasn't happened, here it is. My mom and I stayed for 3 nights the week of 7-21. Staying at the same time we learned, were approx 180 people attending a liquid fertilizer conference. Let me say that every employee we encountered was kind and helpful and also appoligetic. Mind you, some of this may seem petty, but for the price they charge for a stay it's the little things that make you take notice. Our first morning there we went to the little coffee shop off the lobby. We were hoping for a vanilla chai tea. Informed that they were out of chai and vanilla and that the amount of people they have been serving were to blame. OK. So we went to the resaurant. My mom ordered scramble eggs. Ten minutes later they informed us they were out of eggs. Dissapointed my mom ordered pancakes. She asked me to go look at the serving trys out in the lobbly that had just catered to the fertilizer people. However the servers had just taken them in. Guess what, 5 min. after that we were informed that the truck came in and there were now eggs. My mom asked if they were the conference people leftovers and they said no, HMMM. That was the last time we ate there. Just one more note about the rest. On my last day, in the spa I was speaking with one of the conference coordinators and she asked if I had eaten in the rest. Told her my experience and she then said that the food was not good at the time they ate there. Also they never did get chai tea or vanilla in the 3 days we were there. Couldn't any one run to Walmart? The spa was wonderfu. We loved Amanda and Rachael who did our massage and facials. The jets in the hot tub in the grotto had no power at all. Although the grotto itself was very soothing. The outside pool was clean and enjoyable. Our room was beautiful. the bed had a tempupedic mattress. The room did smell though, and not a good smell. Almost as if there was a scent trying to cover up another scent. The air conditioner was loud but this I'm sure is becasue of the age of the hotel. WE want to make this an annual trip. I hope they learn to cater to not only big groups but families that like to come and stay now and then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is more than just an escape from the everyday.It’s an ageless journey to a place where life moves alittle slower. And now, our renovated hotel and spabring The Elms into an entirely new age. It’s thesame old charm, newly appointed. So be our guest.Experience this iconic hotel anew, rejuvenate at thespa and explore charming Excelsior Springs. Wethink you’ll find it to your liking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort