The Elms offers comfort in beautifully restored historic hotel. Our room was a comfortable suite, with a wet bar, mini fridge, living room and dining table, TV, all separate from the spacious bedroom, also with TV, super comfortable bed and soft linens, and bathroom with separate jacuzzi tub, marble subway tile shower and marble basket weave tile floor. Those historic touches are throughout the hotel.
We stayed on the fourth floor and found it quiet at night, but even though it was midweek (with the objective to avoid any scheduled weddings), there was a very large conference at the same time. This made for a noisy and crowded lobby at times and I overheard some guests complaining about noise that kept them awake. So ask for a quiet floor when you book.
Spend some time walking the grounds and enjoying the outdoor pool and grotto. There's a nice fitness center and lap pool too. The spa services are a bit pricey but any of the services gives you a free pass to the grotto, which is amazing. (We were taken on a tour of the spa and grotto promises late evening while no guests were there).
We appreciated that all staff we met were not only friendly and accommodating, but were knowledgable and well trained. The restaurant was okay, but I think they're trying too hard and would do better with a more menu featuring well prepared local and season foods without all the rich sauces.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is more than just an escape from the everyday.It’s an ageless journey to a place where life moves alittle slower. And now, our renovated hotel and spabring The Elms into an entirely new age. It’s thesame old charm, newly appointed. So be our guest.Experience this iconic hotel anew, rejuvenate at thespa and explore charming Excelsior Springs. Wethink you’ll find it to your liking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort