My wife booked a weekend at The Elms to celebrate my birthday weekend. The Hotel is beautiful and instantly recognizable as a classic. Marble floors and the scent of delicious food greet you in the lobby. The roaring fireplace was also very welcoming. We arrived in the room and both observed that it didn't feel like a "hotel", but more like a guest room. Dinner at 88 was delicious, drinks in the lounge were good. THEN... we returned to the room, pulled back the covers and found hair from two different people in the sheets and under the pillows. I contacted the front desk and was brought fresh bedding... and had to make the bed myself.
The second day, we booked massages at the spa and planned to spend a good 4-6 hours in the Grotto. I asked the front desk to replace all of our bedding while we were out. The massages were great, but my wife seemed to enjoy hers more. My therapist had gas. Time spend in the grotto was great though. I sweated out the toxins I'd ingested in the lounge the previous night and managed to catch a few cat naps.
We returned to our room and found that housekeeping had simply remade the bed without changing the sheets as requested. The old bedding and comforter were still sitting on the ottoman where I had placed them the previous night and we had no new comforter. Upon request a new (clean) comforter was brought up so we could make our bed (again) before heading to another fabulous dinner at 88 and a fresh round of decent drinks at the lounge.
We slept well, the bed was comfy, the pillows were great, and we were offered 20% off our next stay due to the inconvenience. HOWEVER, it would have been nice to go on vacation, have clean sheets, and someone to make the bed for us. Management was notified but failed to act. Not sure the 20% off a future stay makes up for the problems, but we may give them a second chance since the town and the spa were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is more than just an escape from the everyday.It’s an ageless journey to a place where life moves alittle slower. And now, our renovated hotel and spabring The Elms into an entirely new age. It’s thesame old charm, newly appointed. So be our guest.Experience this iconic hotel anew, rejuvenate at thespa and explore charming Excelsior Springs. Wethink you’ll find it to your liking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort