“Relaxing time away”

The Elms Hotel and Spa
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to get away to celebrate our anniversary and found this hotel as it had a spa. The hotel has a great history and old world charm about it but with modern conveniences. Definitely get a message but the pedicures are poor at best my wife said. Overall a great place to get away and will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Suite rooms don't have a microwave in them.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

What a lovely get-away hotel! I love all the old stone and the history of the place. It has a wonderful relaxing spa much like those in Vegas! Great food, nice rooms and employees that seem genuinely happy to be there. The salon is not quite up to date (no gel manicures) but everything else outshines this one tiny aspect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Spent a wonderful time at the Elms last week. Booked the Classic Package for my daughter and myself. Started with a wonderful relaxation massage, followed by a soothing facial. After a break for lunch (had room service - delicious burger and salad w/warm bacon dressing and salmon) we had a manicure and pedicure - this is where they fell down a little - the inexperience was obvious - my polish is peeling off 4 days later and the lady had trouble from the getgo with my daughters pedicure and manicure. The grotto was fantastic with the exception of the attendant constantly going in and out for no apparent reason (since we were the only two there) and slamming the door when leaving-kind of hard to rest with that going on. As a whole the Elms is great. We couldn't get the cork out of our wine bottle - they sent someone up to help and when he couldn't get it either he took it down to the kitchen to use a better corkscrew. They are very friendly, yet professional, and go out of their way to accommodate you. Didn't eat in restaurant but had treats from coffee shop - again very anxious to please. Beautiful renovations, great room - parlor suite was wonderful - very comfortable beds, good shower. Will return, using this experience to choose services.

Room Tip: Had a room overlooking pool and gazebo. Great view !
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I encountered very friendly people from our phone reservations, to the front desk, the restaurant and throughout our stay. We did not get massages but did enjoy the outdoor hot tub on a cold winter night. The rooms are very well decorated and clean. We also enjoyed a romantic dinner at the 88 Restaurant in the hotel. It was a very good experience and we have another overnight planned soon.

Room Tip: Another great thing about The Elms is the Royal Experience on the private 5th floor. We relaxed in t...
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I went for a girls' weekend, and I have never felt so relaxed. The Grotto is a MUST DO. Book one of the lesser expensive spa treatments and you don't have to pay the $55 for the Grotto. The pedi isn't really worth the money, but the hydrotherapy most definitely is!! We stayed 2 nights, and the beds were amazing. I can't say that I've ever woke up in the morning feeling like I just got a message until this weekend! The ghost tour was fun as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tygerness
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had never heard of The Elms before. I stayed there for a business meeting. the hotel was great. the staff was incredibly friendly. the hotel had a great atmosphere. I defintiely plan on returning with my wife for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We went for a relaxing weekend getaway thinking this would be the perfect place- it was overpriced and not what I expected. We got a couples massage and used the grotto afterwards but this was all a disappointment and VERY overpriced compared to other spas I have been to that were much better (but yet much cheaper). The restaurant was also very overpriced; they did not serve quality pieces of steak and the food was just ok. We stayed in the "classic" room (also overpriced) which was very small and while the heater was running you could not hear the TV (or anything for the matter). This is a neat, old hotel and might be more fun to visit when it's warm out so you could use the outdoor space more. We will not be returning, it was an overpriced vacation in my opinion.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Excelsior Springs
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#2 of 109 in Kansas City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty

Been to The Elms Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!