We went on a Monday which was nice as the hotel was nice and quiet for an early Valentine's Day. The hotel staff was friendly and professional. They allowed us to check-in early which was also nice. We had an hour couples massage and opted for the standard massage. If you like anything more than very light pressure I would recommend paying more for a sports or deep tissue massage, as our therapists "firm" pressure was quite light. The Grotto was absolutely wonderful and the spa was clean with all amenities and little details accounted for. Like cold iced towels, nice soaps, beautifully heated changing rooms, hot teas and ice water.
As someone who has been to many resorts and spas, I found everything at The Elms to be exceptional. I plan on going back often for short getaways.
EXCEPT, the 88 restaurant, the food is poor at best and for hotel restaurant prices it was such a disappointment. My tenderloin med rare was like a sad hockey puck and the signature cheese potatoes tasted of liquid smoke. My boyfriend joked that I smelled like a campfire after eating them. His sirloin was no better. I have no problem spending $160 for a meal as we like to dine, but I would certainly not spend it at that restaurant again. I hear the Mercantile restaurant in town is good, perhaps next time we stay we will try that.
Over than that go to The Elms, you won't regret it, a magical place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is more than just an escape from the everyday.It’s an ageless journey to a place where life moves alittle slower. And now, our renovated hotel and spabring The Elms into an entirely new age. It’s thesame old charm, newly appointed. So be our guest.Experience this iconic hotel anew, rejuvenate at thespa and explore charming Excelsior Springs. Wethink you’ll find it to your liking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort