The Elms Hotel and Spa
TownePlace Suites
US$176
US$145
1,034 results
All reviewsghost tourindoor lap poolhot tubgrotto areaal caponesteam saunaparlor suitememory foamquiet roomkansas cityrelaxing weekendfifth floorgirls weekendwedding partywabash bbqexfoliationpeppermint
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were recently at the hotel for a relaxing get away weekend and had such an amazing time. The hotel is very old, but I loved the vibe. My spouse had never been to a spa before, and I may never get him to stop after he visited the Spa at the Elms. We had a great couples massage and spent time in the grotto. The food at the 88 was phenomenal and we went back the next night. Will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank briannekling
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I'll never forget gasping when I first saw the hotel as I pulled up. It's gorgeous, so much original material from 1912. Staff is super friendly. Be sure to go on the ghost tour - Jay, the tour guide, is exceptional.

Room Tip: Location was, of course, remote but that's the point, being built on the springs and such a historic location.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My friend and I recently used the Spa at the Elms. It was by far the best spa experience we've ever had. Everyone who worked there was polite and very professional. The Spa was very tranquil and the amenities were great. We booked the "twice as nice" package and were there the whole day, even eating lunch in our robes in the hotel lobby. I wish I had booked a room to stay because I was so relaxed at the end of the spa experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Elms' latest incarnation is fantastic. Can't say enough about the historic lobby, the rooms (try a Presidential Suite or the Club Floor) the Spa and the courteous staff. I used to tell people to stay there because of the history of the place, and you kind of had to overlook its current tackiness...no more! This remodel was done very well. Rooms are not terribly expensive for such a lovely place. Try staying a Sunday night, you'll have the place to yourself.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Quaint, nicely updated hotel less than an hour from Kansas City and 45 minutes from the airport. My wife and I checked in just after a wedding party checked out and we practically had the hotel to ourselves. The room was clean and comfortable. We ate all of our meals at the hotels restaurant. The food was very good and nicely presented. We'd like to see the menu expanded a little bit. The highlight of our two-day stay was the spa and its full services. We spent almost an entire day there. The spa staff was excellent and very personable and so was the rest of the hotel staff. We look forward to returning at a warmer time of the year so we can enjoy the hotel's outdoor setting and amenities.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple