My husband took me on a surprise trip to the elms for a belated birthday trip. He did the "romance package" and we were very happy with it! We stayed a Saturday and Sunday night. I would have rated it a 5 but we had a few issues with our room placement and a key mix up issue- but we addressed it with the front desk and they were extremely helpful. Everyone working was apologetic for the issues and we not only got a discount on our stay but also free drinks and breakfast.
A few things to mention...
They do have a lot of weddings ( which is expected because it is beautiful) so if you are coming to visit for a quiet spa getaway maybe try a "non weekend" night. Saturday it was extremely busy and tons of people but Sunday night it was quiet and very laid back. It was almost like a completely different hotel! Also if you are not a part of the wedding and plan on going to bed before midnight- request a room on the 3rd-5th floors as you will hear the music from the reception in some areas.
The rooms were beautiful and clean. The robes were amazing :-) and I wish I could have kept it! Everything was great after we had our few hiccups resolved!
The spa... Amazing. We had a massage and then spent time in the grotto. So relaxing and beautiful. Also the pools were great and are open late.
A few things to try in town...
Willow Springs Mercantile- great food and wine. The people are nice, friendly and helpful.
Bob's Popcorn- again great selection and new favors plus great people working/owners!
Van Till Winery- it's a drive but it was worth it. Delicious pizza and fun wine sampling!
Fence Stiles Winery- much closer and they also do wine tasting (not a restaurant though but you can bring your own food I believe) also they have music in the summer so check their website!
We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is more than just an escape from the everyday.It’s an ageless journey to a place where life moves alittle slower. And now, our renovated hotel and spabring The Elms into an entirely new age. It’s thesame old charm, newly appointed. So be our guest.Experience this iconic hotel anew, rejuvenate at thespa and explore charming Excelsior Springs. Wethink you’ll find it to your liking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort