I had never been to a spa before so I didn't know what to expect, but my sister goes every year and was my guide. We used the Grotto in the morning-the jacuzzi, the steam room with the rose salts (just don't put on your face!), the hot and cold steam rooms, or relaxing (sleeping) on the loungers. You need to get there early as there aren't enough chairs for everyone. The outside jacuzzi was also wonderful for aching muscles from the therapeutic massage-I had so many knots my entire body couldn't be completed within the allotted hour. I was disappointed with housekeeping. We were not supplied with clean towels until we called the front desk nor with more coffee or shampoo. I left my sunglasses in my robe pocket when I turned the robe in at the front desk upon checkout and called that same night. I left a voice mail with housekeeping as directed. My call was not returned; a call a few days later was met with a full voice mail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is more than just an escape from the everyday.It’s an ageless journey to a place where life moves alittle slower. And now, our renovated hotel and spabring The Elms into an entirely new age. It’s thesame old charm, newly appointed. So be our guest.Experience this iconic hotel anew, rejuvenate at thespa and explore charming Excelsior Springs. Wethink you’ll find it to your liking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort