“Excellent B&B!”

Inn on Crescent Lake
Shawnee, Kansas
“Excellent B&B!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here in The Ballroom for our 8 year anniversary and it was an absolutely perfect weekend! The accomodations were fantastic and the staff was very personable. We will definitely be back! If you get a chance, be sure to check out the various photo albums in the living room. You will leave feeling like you've known the owner, Beverly, for years.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Had a great time I only wished we had arrived earlier to enjoy more of the surrounding areas but the great coffee and great walking area the next morning made us only want more time....the owner was fantastic and personable not to mention cute :-)
Aaron

Room Tip: Rooms at the from provided a great view of the from lawn and the surroundings
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband and I came here for our anniversary. It is a beautiful place with many things to do right on the property. The rooms are nice (we stayed in 2 different rooms) breakfasts are delicious and the staff is wonderful. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed here for a girls get together. Several of us have had some big stressors and needed to laugh with ones we love. This was perfect! We laughed at ourselves on the paddle boats, dipped in the pool and sat in the hot tub. We visited Van Till Winery in Rayville and that was good. The wine and strawberries were delicious too. The staff were so friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was cream cheese and strawberry stuffed french toast that was incredible with the best canteloupe! We had an awesome experience and loved meeting Beverly - she is awesome! One of the things I enjoy about a bed and breakfast is the personal feel of the service and this was exactly what I experienced. Thanks Beverly and Craig

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be good - the service here is what makes the difference - it was awesome!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 27 August 2012

A friend of mine recommended this place and it was just as good as she said. My husband and I spent the weekend there to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in the Tuscany suite and it was quite there. The room was great and we enjoyed relaxing in the room and by the pool. They helped arrange for us a couple's massage which was just fantastic. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff just delightful. We are going to go back for years to come as we truly enjoyed our weekend away together. We liked that it was close to Kansas City if you want to go there but the places to eat in Excelsior Springs were just as wonderful. The people in the town were very friendly too.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I took my wife there on a surprise trip for our 7-year anniversary. Rarely is a place as good in real life as it looks online, but this was the place. We stayed in the Tuscany suite which was in a separate building and wonderfully private. The main house was wonderfully furnished and had movies, board games, cookies, and soft drinks all available. The grounds were excellently maintained and provided some wonderfully relaxing and peaceful moments while we walked around.

Breakfast the next morning was delicious - we had some dietary restrictions that were noted when we signed in and fully respected, which is much appreciated. The breakfast room was wonderfully lit and decorated and added to the feeling of a relaxing escape from the world.

Long story short - If you're looking for a romantic getaway in a relaxing environment, this is the place.

About the only thing I would change is this - phones in the rooms. Maybe there was one in our room that we missed, but we had no cellphone coverage at all in the room so a phone would come in handy.

Room Tip: Tuscany suite is where we stayed. Being in a separate building, it's nicely private so you have...
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 22 August 2012

From start to finish Beverly and her staff were great. The grounds were clean, and very beautiful. I recommend the massage. My wife had never felt so relaxed. The breakfast was the best (other than my wife's) I have had in a long time. My wife might get jelous if I dont mention that. Went to dinner at the Venata grill, it was perfect. Great service our whole time. We will be going back one time each season. If there was a perfect, this was it....

Room Tip: Ran the grounds early in the morning. It was gorgeous.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
#9 of 109 in Kansas City
The Elms Hotel and Spa
The Elms Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Excelsior Springs

Been to Inn on Crescent Lake? Share your experiences!