“Great get-away weekend”

Inn on Crescent Lake
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Inn was beautiful and we felt very welcome. Our room (Stripe) was large and comfortable. They arranged for a couple's massage for us and gave suggestions about what to do and where to eat. We had a great time and we hope we can visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hays331

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The inn is beautiful, Keri and Rick were outstandingb The inn and employees exceeded my expectations. Feb 14 th was my husband and I 5 th wedding anniversary and we plan on going back every year! On Saturday during the day we were aloud to go in the other rooms after they were cleaned to look around our favorites were Casbah (which was our room) the ball room, the crescent room and the tuscany. We are planing to make a special trip this summer to enjoy the pool and lakes.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. I just happen to come across the inn on a webpage and decided for the first night as a married couple, we should try something new. We were welcomed with open arms and congratulatory hugs. The inn was nice and warm (which was wonderful since I was still in my wedding dress and it was 18 degrees outside) it felt so cozy. Kerry showed us around the main floor where we could take advantage of the ammenities offered and then up to our room. We choose to stay in the Ballroom.
The room was amazing, electric fireplace, cozy furniture, canopied massive queen sized bed (which was so comfortable I didn't want to ever get out of). The pictures didn't do the size of the bathroom in this room justice, the shower was...well it was plenty big for two :) the jucuzzi tub worked great and was deep enough to enjoy the soothing hot water on a frozen Missiouri February night. There was a big bright full moon out that night and the windows positioned over the tub allowed a most romantic setting to say the least.
The inn was booked up that night and we were a little nervous that the noise would carry as couples came in or went out but we only heard one couple coming up the stairs once, and it was early so it didn't disturb sleep or anything.
Breakfast was very good and filling and again Kerry was so sweet, and addressed each couple dining with conversations unique to them, and a warm and sincere "good morning." She was THE sweetest woman, generally caring about each patron, she finished off the beautiful atmosphere with a genuine warm hearted personality.
I've informed my husband we will be staying at the Inn regularly, and hope to get back in the summer when we can take advantage of the pool, walking trails, fire pit, fishing, and hot tub :)
Thank you to Beverly and her staff for providing such a wonderful, clean, quiet, and romantic get away for couples. What a way to start off a new life with your soul mate! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Love this place! My husband and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary by staying in the Cottage of The Inn on Crescent Lake- for the 2nd time! We arranged for an hour couples massage right on the property-it was wonderful...if you do this ask for Laverne (Bunny) and Theresa. Beverly is the sweetest inn keeper and made us feel right at home. Breakfasts are fabulous! The entire inn is gorgeous-especially the suites on the 3rd floor! Highly recommend this place for a weekend away! We will be returning again!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Inn has 10 rooms, but my girlfriend and I were the only occupants during our one-night stay. We made arrangements to arrive after normal check-in hours and, as promised, we arrived at the Inn and found our key in the door. The communication prior to check-in was great, and the check-in process was effortless. The breakfast was a bit heavy (one may even describe it as decadent): Stuffed French toast, bacon, and candied pineapple. It would have been nice to have a lighter option (or even just some fresh fruit instead of candied fruit that accompanied an already heavy breakfast), but this is Missouri, and I'm sure that the breakfast pleases most of their guests. Since we were the only guests, my girlfriend and I asked permission to explore the other rooms that the Inn had to offer. Each of the rooms has unique features that provide them with a distinct feel, and any of them would provide for an enjoyable stay.
In sum, the Inn is a grand old house with an attentive staff, and the offer a great bed-and-breakfast experience.

Room Tip: My girlfriend and I stayed in the Garden Room. The mattress was too soft for my girlfriend's ta...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary and loved every minute. It's just secluded enough to feel like you've traveled to your own private country, but close enough to town to get out and about. The staff was incredible. My only complaint is that there were a LOT of spiders on the outside of some of the buildings (I'm arachniphobic). There's not much you can do about that in Missouri in the summer, though.

We plan on coming back every summer! If you stay here, the Tuscan Suite is GORGEOUS and you're literally pool-side. Oh, and try the wine ;)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had never been to Excelsior Springs before and had been told to stay at another hotel. My husband found Inn on Cresenct Lake on the internet and thought it might be more fun to rent the cottage. He was right. We had a great weekend and truly enjoyed our stay at Inn on Crescent Lake. We were warmly received and the accomodations were excellent. I would recommend this historical gem to anyone staying in the Excelsior Springs/KC area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
#12 of 109 in Kansas City
The Elms Hotel and Spa
The Elms Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Excelsior Springs

Been to Inn on Crescent Lake? Share your experiences!