“R & R”

Inn on Crescent Lake
Kansas City, Missouri
“R & R”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Approaching burnout, I came for a few days rest. It was the perfect place. If I was in the mood for quiet, I stayed in my room or took a walk on the trail. A couple of evenings, I enjoyed lounging in the living room, listening to music, watching videos, and browsing through several fascinating books provided on the coffee table. A couple of evenings, I was the only guest in the house , but it was so quiet the rest of the time that I couldn't tell the difference. Breakfast was fantastic. My favorite was the strawberry cream cheese stuffed French toast. I spent most of the afternoons going for drives on the scenic country roads and getting reacquainted with Excelsior Springs. It had been about twenty years since I had been there. This time, I needed to be alone. The next time I go, I will take a friend or family member with me. It's just too good not to share.

Joanne H

Room Tip: The McCleary Room is excellent!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I love it! We came here for our anniversary and we can't wait to come back again every year until we try every room! We love the trail around the lake and the breakfast room and the living room for reading. Its fun to read about all of the places in the world to travel to.

• Stayed June 2014
Gypsum, Kansas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place is magical!! We decided to come here for a mini honeymoon after seeing the gorgeous photos online, but they do not do it justice! The grounds are stunning, they have paddle boats and tons of huge fish! The walking trails are well maintained and end at a sweet point. The pool and hot tub are very nice and well maintained. The Inn itself is stunning, The entryway is very inviting and they have french music serenading you in the living and dining rooms. The bedrooms are luxurious and decorated beautifully and the bathrooms are pristine! We got the romance package and received roses, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and bubble bath. The breakfasts were phenomenal; the first morning we had strawberry cream cheese stuffed french toast with bacon, melon, and strawberry infused syrup. The second morning we have biscuits, sausage, hash browns, and a delicious egg casserole. They were very welcoming and accommodating, but there was plenty of privacy as well. It was so romantic and the perfect place to relax.

Room Tip: Emerald Rose was stunning, but so were all of the other rooms! I think it would be impossible to pic...
Columbia, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I just celebrated our anniversary and had a lovely time. The Garden room where we stayed had a semi-private hot tub and it's own porch. This was a beautiful place for a romantic getaway. It felt like we were out in the country, but with modern amenities. The breakfast was also very delicious as well. I definitely recommend staying here.

Kansas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We are so pleased with our stay! We were able to relax and enjoy the quiet. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing. We really couldn't have asked for more. We were able to enjoy a nice walk around the lake and even tried out the paddle boats. The charm of the place really won us over and we will stay there again!

Iowa
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here as a surprise for my wife on our 1 year anniversary and we were not disappointed. The goal was to stay somewhere close to Kansas City, but that felt like we were someplace else completely and the Inn fit the bill. Beverly and Craig are awesome hosts, the rooms are nice and clean and the breakfast is great! The strawberry stuffed french toast was amazing! My wife and I have been extremely busy lately (most of you can relate) and we needed a place to unwind. The Inn was very peaceful and we had a great time walking the trails and laying out in the sun. We stayed in the Paris room and the Garden room and the only thing that kept my review from being 5 stars was the bed in the Garden Room was not comfortable for either of us. I highly recommend this B & B if you're looking for a home away from home.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My husband & I decided to try a bed & breakfast for our 1-year wedding anniversary getaway. We are so happy that we found the Inn on Crescent Lake! Peaceful, beautiful, & charming, we loved everything about it! Great price & location, warm & welcoming hosts, fabulous wine- I can't say enough good things about it, we highly recommend!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 4 in Kearney
Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City

Been to Inn on Crescent Lake? Share your experiences!