“Mid-Summer Retreat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Inn on Crescent Lake
Centralia, Missouri
“Mid-Summer Retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband booked us two nights at this wonderful getaway back in 2011 as a surprise. I couldn't have been more thrilled! I had to work in KC that weekend which was the only draw back. I didn't want to leave the property! It was extremely relaxing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating yet allowed us space and privacy. We stayed in the Crescent Room. I loved the whirlpool tub room that was attached and the views from those windows! What an amazing place! Since then I have been looking for a chance to go back and finally found it this summer over the 4th of July weekend. I have a youth ministry that I head up every summer and I was able to take our directors there as a mid-summer retreat for some meetings. We rented the Cottage, The Crescent Room, and the Casbah Room. The Cottage was the perfect setting for our group. The kitchenette allowed us to serve refreshments and have meals together while the living room provided a comfortable casual setting for our meetings. We each felt renewed and refreshed by our stay here!! We spent some time playing ping pong, swimming, laying in the hammock and relaxing in the hot tub. The complimentary drinks and cookies were such a nice touch and really helped to make the stay special. Beverly served us breakfast in our own eating area which allowed us the ability to socialize together without feeling like we were interrupting the other guests. I would recommend this place to anyone! However, as I've learned from personal experience, if you get the chance to go make sure you don't HAVE to leave the property if you don't want to. Plan to stay, relax, and enjoy the quiet retreat. Can't wait to go again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
KC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away for an overnight celebration of our anniversary. We have three young kids, and didn't want to get too far from our KC home. The Inn on Crescent Lake was perfect for us. We stayed in the Ballroom up on the third floor. The room was gorgeous, and the view was great! It was very quiet and relaxing. My only complaint was breakfast. I am lactose intolerant (and made note of that fact on the check in sheet) and yet was still served a quiche covered in cheese for breakfast. I would have liked some options for breakfast that were allergy friendly. Other than that, we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2014
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This bed and breakfast was a wonderful surprise! So clean and well furnished, it was a delight to encounter. It allowed for wonderful secluded moments and beautiful views of nature, while still close to modern necessities. My husband and I enjoyed a 3-day weekend at the Inn and found it to be a hidden gem. The grounds and the architecture were beautiful, and each room lavishly furnished. We felt at home from the moment we walked through the door. Beverly was an amazing hostess and made us feel comfortable from our first conversation. The breakfasts were delicious and the service friendly. We would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for an affordable and luxurious overnight getaway. We hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Numerous pictures and descriptions on the web site to help you select just what you are looking for...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Inn on Crescent Lake for 2 nights during this 4th of July weekend. This is at least the sixth time we've stayed there in the past 5 years. This is our go-to place whenever we need a break from stresses of work and city life. We LOVE it there...it's truly our home away from home. This stay was especially fun when I caught the very first fish of my life in their lake. Beverly and Craig are such great inn-keepers! They simply think of everything and make everyone feel welcome. We usually stay in the Emerald Rose Room but stayed in the Stripe Room this time. It was great! The king bed was incredibly comfortable and there's lots of natural light and windows overlooking the great lawn. The breakfasts are ALWAYS delicious and plentiful. Can't say enough good things about the Inn on Crescent Lake.

Room Tip: The Stripe Room is a big corner room with views of the great lawn. The Emerald Rose overlooks the p...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing 3-day anniversary stay at the Inn. The home is gorgeous, relaxing, and a little slice of paradise right in the heartland! Bev and Craig were gracious, polite and extremely helpful. We loved every moment and we can't wait to return! We look forward to returning!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Peretti9
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I were very impressed! We stayed in the Tuscany Room which is located in the pool house. It was a wonderful surprise. It was spacious, private and romantic. We really enjoyed having the pool right outside our door. The room also included a two person tub, a mini fridge (which came in handy for snacks) and a separate parking area. We can't wait to come back and are already planning the next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie S
St Joseph
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights at the Inn and our experience was wonderful! My wife and I would both highly recommend The Inn On Crescent Lake. It was the first time either of us had stayed at a B&B. We look forward to visiting again in the not so distant future!

• Stayed June 2014
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
The Elms Hotel and Spa
The Elms Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Excelsior Springs

Been to Inn on Crescent Lake? Share your experiences!