“A Great Getaway”

Inn on Crescent Lake
southwest missouri
“A Great Getaway”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I spent our anniversary at the Inn and it could not have been better. Craig and Beverly were very friendly, the grounds are fantastic, the Inn is beautiful, and the whole stay was very peaceful. We stayed in the Tuscany Suite which was great, but we were able to look at all the rooms and there is not a bad choice, they are all very nice. Our trip was all we had hoped for and we plan on returning in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I first came to the Inn for our honeymoon. We recently bought our own business and have really needed to get away. So I surprised my wife with this trip. It is an amazing place to go and relax and really spend some quality time with your loved one. We will be going back for sure in the future. This really is the "Perfect" place to go!!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had planned a belated anniversary weekend getaway with my husband for this weekend. Some time after I had made the plans to go to the Inn on Crescent Lake, my husband ended up with a broken leg and a cast and was on crutches. I had contacted the Inn to see if we could reschedule for later in the summer but unfortunately, since I had booked the cottage, I just didn't want to take a chance that the room could be rebooked on such short notice, so we decided to go ahead with our plans. Once we got there, the accommodations and staff were wonderful!! We met Beverly at check-in and she gave us some local information about places to dine, etc. I had done some research previously and had already chosen a highly recommended winery not far away. We went to Van Till Family Farm Winery for wine tasting and wood-fired pizza. There the owners were such wonderful people! My husband and I had a great conversation with the owner during our wine tasting. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the pizza was tasty! When we got ready to leave, we went to purchase a couple of bottles of our favorite wine and the owner told us that Beverly had already taken care of our dinner and that they were gifting us with the wine! We were speechless at their generosity:-) It was a great evening! The carriage house was nicely appointed and very comfortable! We loved it! The scenery was beautiful and so peaceful. Breakfast was incredible on both days! We spent a lazy Saturday afternoon floating in the fantastic pool and then had a couples massage by two very skilled therapists! This was an amazing place to go for a romantic, peaceful getaway...and all only 20 minutes from home!!! We will definitely be back!! Thanks, Beverly and staff for a wonderful time :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage...it was quiet and relaxing!
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked the Ballroom for our honeymoon. The property was perfect with hot tub, pool, and beautiful grounds. Beverly and Craig welcomed us and gave us privacy but also made sure we were taken care of. The Ballroom room was the perfect getaway with a great view and romance was in the air.

Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very friendly, the breakfasts were awesome, the overall space was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had a great stay for our 50th wedding anniversary celebration.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Got a weekend away with the wife here and it was one of the most romantic outings we have ever had. Great location, service, and amenities. Local food recommended by the owners was phenomenal, Ventanna's Gourmet Grill. The best cheesecake I think I have ever had.

• Stayed July 2014
Centralia, Missouri
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband booked us two nights at this wonderful getaway back in 2011 as a surprise. I couldn't have been more thrilled! I had to work in KC that weekend which was the only draw back. I didn't want to leave the property! It was extremely relaxing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating yet allowed us space and privacy. We stayed in the Crescent Room. I loved the whirlpool tub room that was attached and the views from those windows! What an amazing place! Since then I have been looking for a chance to go back and finally found it this summer over the 4th of July weekend. I have a youth ministry that I head up every summer and I was able to take our directors there as a mid-summer retreat for some meetings. We rented the Cottage, The Crescent Room, and the Casbah Room. The Cottage was the perfect setting for our group. The kitchenette allowed us to serve refreshments and have meals together while the living room provided a comfortable casual setting for our meetings. We each felt renewed and refreshed by our stay here!! We spent some time playing ping pong, swimming, laying in the hammock and relaxing in the hot tub. The complimentary drinks and cookies were such a nice touch and really helped to make the stay special. Beverly served us breakfast in our own eating area which allowed us the ability to socialize together without feeling like we were interrupting the other guests. I would recommend this place to anyone! However, as I've learned from personal experience, if you get the chance to go make sure you don't HAVE to leave the property if you don't want to. Plan to stay, relax, and enjoy the quiet retreat. Can't wait to go again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
#3 of 18 in Independence
The Elms Hotel and Spa
The Elms Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Excelsior Springs

Been to Inn on Crescent Lake? Share your experiences!