“We hated it and will never come back!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stratford Inn

Stratford Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fenton
Stratford Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Fulton
“We hated it and will never come back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

The Stratford Inn is not a "Family Oriented" place to stay. Alot of sex offenders and drug users stay on a long term basis. The city of Fenton should step in about who they rent their rooms to if children should be allowed to stay there. Children should always be supervised at all times, but by chance the one time they're not by some fluke reason, please beware. Also, the upkeep and cleanliness of the place was very poor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank jackalynnbrown B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lonedell, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

I would like to start by saying that not only have I done a lot of traveling over the years, but I also own and operate a resort and know how hard it is to please the public. I stayed at the Stratford on Feb 4th 2011 with a group of friends. We attended the MMA and Kickboxing fights, where our fighter that we were supporting got her first knock out
!!! Yeah Beck!!
The area that the fight was sat up in was great, it was very well planned and organized. We had to go through the bar to get out of the fight, there was a great band playing, and it was very spacious and well venillated for a bar. Everything was clean and to me seemed to be well kept. I was unsure of what kind of room I wanted to stay in, so the manager gave me several keys to different rooms and allowed me to choose the one that I preferred. I ended up choosing a very cute queen room with a hot tub. FYI all the rooms were clean!!! I just wanted the hot tub!! Unfortunatly once we filled it we realized that there was a problem with the jets, so I called the front desk, and immediatly the clerk came with a key to the next room over and apologized for the inconvienance and helped us move our belongings to the new room. We informed the staff that we were a group, and that we were going to be celebrating, so they put us in an area away from the other guests so that we would not interupt their stay. They also offered to comp me for the inconvienance of switching rooms. I also asked for a late check out, which they granted me, so my husband and I were able to sleep in and relax until 1pm. I was so pleased with everything that I completely forgot to ask for the comp on the room that they offered the night before. I do not know the owner, or any of the staff, and this is the first time i have ever stayed in this place, but I can assure you that it will not be the last. I appreciated their great rates, and their hospitality.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dinell
Centralia, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

I attended a wedding of a friend and needed a place to stay that I could afford. I had a friend recommend the Stratford Inn. I was very pleased to find a clean room waiting for me after a long day and night. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again, at $40.00 per night, it was a bargin.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

My recent stay at the Stratford was enjoyable. The room was clean and the staff were very courteous and kind. I would recommend this hotel to friends and any other perspective guest.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Des Arc, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

In todays economy when budgets are tight, The Stratford Inn has kept the prices down so that working families can still enjoy a night away. My husband works for Union Pacific Railroad. He and his coworkers always stay at the Stratford when working in the Fenton area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is great, and you have an in house lounge if you choose to enjoy the night life. Recently my father in law had to have an unexpected surgery. I had to drive my mother in law to the city. My husband called the staff at the Stratford. I had a clean, non smoking room on the bottom floor waiting for me. The staff gave me directions to the hospital and to area restaurants. They inquired as to how my father in law was progressing, and even called me to check on him a few days after surgery. They are in the process of remodeling the Stratford, so I expect great things in the future. We will be staying at the Stratford again, soon I hope.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Tulsa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2010

We tried to find a hotel in St. Louis while passing through town and could not find a room due to a convention in town. The Stratford was the only one with vacancies and desperate for a bed for our 6 and 7-year-old boys, we checked-in. Boy, we couldn't wait to check-out and the kids at one point asked if they could sleep in the car (I was actually thinking the same thing). Bugs,both dead and alive, were everywhere in the room - a big pile of dead bugs were under the AC, live ones would run when we turned on the lights in the bathroom (do they have cockroaches in Missouri?), and found a few in our bed (think they were dead but didn't wait around to find out) when we turned down the sheets were creepy. But the bugs didn't seem so bad when we also found hair in our sheets so we dragged some blankets we had in the car into our room, laid them on top of the beds, and slept on top instead of inside the sheets. The sink and tub were stained with rust, the room smelled of must, and with all of the loud, drunk people roaming the halls all night, we were on edge wondering if our shaky door knob would keep us safe as we sleep. We checked in at midnight and out by 7 AM and noticed as we left our room that exterior doors were propped open so people could come and go as they wanted - not a lot of security issues here. Out of desperation and a $40 bill, it served its purpose for one night.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank FunFilledFamily
DBraunsdorf, Owner at Stratford Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2010
I am the owner of this hotel. WE have a pest control man come in every month to spray
for bugs. I have hired a lady to take over housekeeping, and put comment cards in the
rooms. Todate, I have not had one complaint about dirty rooms. This was started in September 2010. The doors have deadbolts to the halls and those doors which lead to the
outside have deadbolts. All of the downstairs rooms have been remodeled and the upstairs
rooms have had the carpets steamcleaned. The rooms are all nonsmoking now except for
one section. If there was an odor in the room it was from smoking. January 2nd, 2011, all
hotels in St. Louis County will be nonsmoking due to an ordnance passed by the County.
My hotel is a historic landmark along Old Route 66, and I am a proud owner.

Travellers are raving about these Fenton hotels

Webster Groves
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

OK, after I read the other reviews on here I was really worried about staying here. We were staying after seeing a friends band. When I read the reviews I thought no way are we gonna stay, but my friends said lets just see how bad it is. Well we were very surprised. I mean come on for the money what do you expect ? The staff was nice. We had a great time at the benefit. The room was ok. It was clean. We were expecting the worst but it was doable. It's not the Ritz but not that kind of price either. So if you want a cheap place to stay it's worth it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest

Been to Stratford Inn? Share your experiences!