“It's A Dump”
Review of Motel 6 Fenton

Motel 6 Fenton
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Reviewed 28 November 2012

It was one of the most disappointing Rodeway Inn motels I've ever stayed at. I wouldn't even let my pets stay there. Smellie, limited parking, no shampoo, mattress' riped, felt like I was sitting on the floor, headboard fell off the wall sometime during the night. Could hear voices in room behind mine. BEWARE!
Night clerk very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 November 2012

OMG, bugs in room (looked like head lice!!!!!!!!), threadbare sheets with holes, carpet dirty, no hair dryer, old scratchy towels. I used my Choice Hotel Points to get this place, good thing, I would have not paid. Had been driving many hours, was very tired, and just crashed. Such a terrible place to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The first thing I should say is that I'm not very picky--a year and a half ago, I gave a four-circle review to a property whose overall reviews are comparable to this one. But this is honestly the worst motel at which I have stayed in at least 25 years.

I've given it an extra circle because the location is quiet, I felt fairly safe, the desk clerk tried to be helpful, and I actually got a really good night's sleep. But there were a lot of negatives...

The first room to which I was assigned seemed OK until the reading lights and the phone didn't work, so I was moved next door. One thing I noticed was that no shampoo was provided--fortunately, I had brought some with me. Another thing I noticed was that there was a cigarette butt in my garbage can--aside from the fact that it was supposed to be a nonsmoking room, it grossed me out a little bit to have someone else's trash in my room.

I thought there was going to be lots of water pressure in the shower until the thing you pull up to switch from the faucet to the shower only got about half of the water to the shower head. At least the water was hot and there was just about enough pressure to take my shower. The linens were barely adequate, but I can't really complain since I slept well. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling that the room just wasn't clean.

I guess I had expected Rodeway to be comparable to EconoLodge, but this seemed to be about two levels below. The property is ancient without much pretense about trying to make the best of what they have. And my room was a "queen suite", which you'd think would be one of the nicer rooms.

As I said earlier, I'm not that picky, but I can't think of a circumstance under which I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Motel 6 Fenton? Share your experiences!