“''nice but small''”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Memphis, Tennessee
“''nice but small''”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

my family stayed for 3 days, our stay was ok the rooms were small, if u plan to do some cooking don't bother the stove is very small,the refridgerator is to. don't even think of swimming it goes to 4ft ONLY. i can say the staff was really nice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this while still staying in the hotel, where they've treated me like a member of the family. It's extremely well kept, very clean, very friendly and very quiet during my week long stay. The bed is good with decent light for reading. Fully equipped kitchen which I've used. Breakfast consists of yogurt, cereal, oj, muffins and coffee. It works in a pinch but I made my own most mornings. Good laundry facilities and a decent treadmill. Only downside would be finding it coming from the East without a GPS! I really recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
osann-monzel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I needed a place for us and our 2 small children for a week and one hotel room was NOT an option. This Marriot suite was great because it had 2 rooms (very comfortable beds), a living room and a full equipped kitchen. The television also had Cartoon Network for the kids and the room had Wifi. The main office had breakfast every morning, consisting of fruit, cereal, granola bars and packaged muffins. Awesome for packing kid's snacks. The place had a pool as well, well for summers with kids, but it was pretty small, so if other people beat you to it first then it was very crowded. One downside is they didn’t clean the room every day and the room wasn’t spotless when we checked in. There was a dirty wash cloth left in the bathroom and such. The other downside is the location. It is about 20 minutes from the zoo and 25 minutes from down town, so no short excursions from here. Otherwise it was a home away from home and provided us with plenty of room and comfort!

Room Tip: The room on the first floor across the pool was very convenient!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was a very comfortable place. Nice kitchen, comfortable beds, and very considerate management. Without my asking, they gave me a better rate because I was there for my daughter's surgery. Allowed some flexibility on checkout because of the hospital uncertainty. These people just seemed to be very nice, caring people with a real nice hotel.

Continental breakfast wasn't much, but that isn't too important to me. Can't see how one could go wrong here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I've stayed at other TownePlace Suite properties and was looking forward to an overnight stop during a cross-country car trip. I reserved a room for $89 on a weekend night; this is $20 more than the LaQuinta I usually stay at in Maryland Heights but I'm trying to build Marriott Points. I wish I had the extra $20. The room was adequate - a kitchenette, sitting area, small dining table that doubled as a work space. But it felt cheap - cheap vinyl flooring, cheap furnishings, cheap finishes, old "bubble" TV. Thin walls - I could hear the poor gentleman next door coughing up a lung throughout the night. The room appeared clean but didn't have that clean hotel room smell and I felt that everything kind of had a film on it. The refrigerator had not been emptied and contained open packages of hot dogs, milk, eggs, and cheesecake. Yuck. Breakfast was just weird - a few choices of cereal, yogurt, fruit and bread on a countertop across from the front desk. The staff was friendly and provided a very comprehensive list of nearby eating and shopping options. And the location can't be beat - right on I-44, but if you're traveling East to West as I was, it's a lot of looping to get on and off the highway. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very secure in this location. However, next time it's the $69 LaQuinta in Maryland Heights for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-adjoining room. The door between adjoining rooms lets a lot of noise through - I could...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SixthSister
Ozark, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

This hotel had nice rooms. The pool was very small and had been taken over by people who were drinking and were very loud. Not a great family experience. The breakfast was average. There was no place to sit down and eat breakfast with our family. We had to take it back to our room which was at the opposite end of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Roeland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

I booked this through Hotels.com and got a great deal. Check in went quick and smooth, they had the reservation ready to go. Front desk was friendly and helpful. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a sleeper sofa in the main room. The room was clean and ready when we checked in. They have basic "cold"breakfast items in the mornings from 6-9. We did not end up utilizing this so I can't rate it, but the kids did enjoy the outdoor pool. The only thing that I might suggest to them would be trash cans in the bedroom since the only one we seemed to have was in the kitchen area. This hotel is in a great location for our needs, about 15 minutes from Six Flags, ten minutes from a MetroLink station and ten minutes from the Swing-A-Round family fun center, not to mention all of the various restaurants in the immediate area (they have a printed sheet of directions that can get you to many of them). We will be back again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66

Been to TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!