“Somewhat inadequate”

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Four of us stayed here on a business trip. On the second night, the hotel was without power (storm). Because we had our cards, the front desk let us in and we were able to go to our rooms. But the poor fella that tried to check in was rudely rebuffed and told he had to wait in his car until power was restored. The desk clerk made no attempt to make him comfortable or to offer him accomodations at the Drury down the road which still had power.

PROS: The beds were comfy. The upper two floors of the three levels are non-smoking. The heat/AC worked well.

CONS: The staff was relatively unfriendly. On the first morning of our stay, my roommate went downstairs to ask for hot water for her French press. They had none available and wouldn't make any for her! On the other mornings (we stayed 4 nights), there was hot water available in the breakfast area. The bananas in the breakfast area were excellent--for banana bread. The breakfast is pure carbs - cereals, oatmeal, breads/donuts, waffles, Red Delicious apples and overripe bananas, yogurt with aspartame.
The hair in our tub and on the floor was never cleaned up.
When we tried to use our microwave to heat a mug of hot water, we tripped circuits. It never did work right.
Our companions' shower gel dispenser fell off the wall and the staff didn't try to fix it. Our friends had to put it back together. Their Kleenex dispenser ran out, but their request for a refill was ignored so they were without for two days.

Room Tip: Try the Drury next door. It's only a little more expensive and you get a much better breakfast...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim C

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have not stayed in a Pear Tree for many years and this one did not want me to book another one. It is definitely dated. The TV is the old box style in a cabinet so besides the picture less than ideal, it's hard to view from the desk. The desk did have nice power outlets but it is small. The countertop for the sink is small. The shower head in the tub is very short but they do have good water pressure. The bed is comfortable. There is a lot of noise coming through the door from the hallway. There is only 1 ice machine for 3 floors. I won't say I wouldn't stay here again but it will not be my first choice when I return to the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BusymanMissouri
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I must admit that I'm responsible for at least part of my less than expected experience at the Pear Tree Inn. I'm relatively new to the Drury chain, and have always stayed at a Drury Inn on past reservations. For some unknown reason while making this reservation on line , I did not see that the choice I made was a Pear Tree hotel . In fact , I only thought Drury hotels were listed on the site. When trying to register at the Drury Inn next door , I had my rude awakening and learned of my mistake. The registration person explained the differences between Drury and Pear Tree, and sent me off next door.

The hotel was definitely a step down from the Drury hotels I have stayed at. Very pleasant staff, and easy check in. We had reserved a deluxe king room, and were glad to see the microwave and refrigerator. But the room had a soiled carpet , two old , worn and stained easy chairs that no one would sit in (yuk). And a old style TV.

We were very disappointed , and this room was $10 more than a regular room.

Unfortunately for the Drury chain, we will not be coming back to a Pear Tree any time soon.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

they placed us in the room next to the backdoor exit and it was so loud, all night, that we didn't sleep. The beds were too soft as well.

On the up side, the employees were extremely friendly and there were some nice choices for breakfast but it's all carbs and yogurt.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay. We had a wonderful clean room. It was a quite peaceful area. The beds were clean and comfortable. We had a early wonderful breakfast, Home cooked oatmeal hot and just hit the spot

Room Tip: We stayed in 225 nice room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 212Copper4
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very poor housekeeping. Didn't clean my room one day at all. Took a whole $20.00 off!! Really. Exterior entrance was fine but people tried to come into room. No security and the "free" coffee in the lobby you can pass on!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide all guests with a clean, comfortable stay and we are sorry to hear about your experience. By bringing your concerns to our attention, this gives us the opportunity to share and address your comments with our team. We regret you were inconvenienced during your stay and hope you will allow us the opportunity in the future to assist with your lodging needs.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!